So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #1  

CAgnoli

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3940 HST-3
Hi all,
I've owned a New Holland TC25D4 for three years, it's got 445 hours on it, and I decided I need Green in my garage. I went to the local John Deere dealer, and test drove a 997 Diesel Zero Turn. WOW! What a machine, I was pulling wheelies in the back yard.

Well, a 997 won't tow a Brush hog, so I decide to trade the NH in for a 3320 with CAB, 300CX FEL, 72" 7-Iron MMM, and 6' BB. That was on June 13th.....

The Tractor was on the lot, the loader and bb were available, they had to order the MMM.

Well, I checked last Monday, and not only was the mower still not in, but the dealer tried to pull a fast one, and "allocate" a demo 3320 as my "New" tractor.

After a rather heated discussion, the new 3320 was "re-allocated" to me. Now, the mower was supposed to arrive on July 7th, and, it still isn't here.

Is this typical of JD? I really want my new toy, but I had to suck it up and mow the yard with the NH today....

Thanks

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #2  
Not particularly, Thats just a classic sales (weasel) person doing what they do best. Twisted, concocted, fabricated half lies. Perfidy at It's finest. I dont put up with twisted talk from sales weasels. I guess they think the consumer is stupid.

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good
Yeah, and I'm not sure if this is true or not, but my Neighbor ordered his 3320 NON Cab the same day, and has his mower already. I'm told by the dealer that the Cab Version requires a different mower deck??? Seems fishy to me.

I'll just be glad when the new toy arrives. I ordered a Marine stereo for it from Crutchfield, I wasn't going to pay over 650.00 for a head unit from JD.

One question about the tractor, do the new JD Yanmar's have a grid heater or still have glow plugs? My Dodge 1Ton has a grid heater, and I much prefer that over the plugs, I would think that the new tractors would come with grid heaters.

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #4  
I believe it has glow plugs, but they are only needed when its pretty cold out. Most of the time you can jump on to a machine and it will start right up. As far as a different mower deck, I don't think it is. I do believe that the 3320 Cab tractors all come without a mid-PTO, so the dealer has to add that. Its possible that the mid-PTO kit is holding things up. If you keep getting the run around from the salesman, why not talk to the general manager and explain your situation? Things tend to get cleared up real quick when the right people are involved. Good Luck, you'll love the machine when you get it I'm sure. Post some pictures please when it arrives.

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #5  
I might be wrong about your 3320 but my 3520 has the intake air heater, not glow plugs. I believe that the only difference between your engine and mine is the turbo.

BILL

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good
The intake air heater would be fantastic. I can't find any information on the JD website concerning it though. I'll ask the Service department, they seem to be more knowledgable than the sales staff anyway.

Thanks for the replys

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #7  
CAgnoli said:
The intake air heater would be fantastic. I can't find any information on the JD website concerning it though. I'll ask the Service department, they seem to be more knowledgable than the sales staff anyway.

Thanks for the replys

It uses an air intake heater, according to JD Parts.

Part Details

Part Number: M801118
Part Price: 56.78 USD
Description: HEATER, INTAKE AIR

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #8  
My 3120 has the intake air heater.

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #9  
I have dealt with three John Deere dealerships. Two of the three have had salesmen who were great to deal with. I have dealt with only one of the parts departments and those guys have been fantastic. One of the dealerships has a salesman who wouldn't even bother to order me a rear blade-says he forgot--I didn't ask twice. I won't go there again except to buy from the parts boys. I don't think they like the salesman either.

I have liked everything I have bought with the John Deere name on it. Guess you just have to find someone who will sell it to you.

/ So far, my experiance with JD Dealer, not good #10  
Thats about the size of it, Just finding someone who represents the name well and who atleast pretends to care.