4310 won't move

/ 4310 won't move #1  

Dougd

Tractor
2004 4310
My 84-hour 4310 w/e-powerreverser started right up, moved about 4 feet forward and stopped with error code 5-3. Same error forward or reverse. Error code "reset" by moving FNR lever to neutral,and is reset without pushing the clutch. With FNR lever in F or R, as I release the clutch AS SOON AS I MOVE IT FROM FULLY DEPRESSED the tractor will lurch forward/backward, as if the potentiometer on the clutch pedal is defective. Funny thing is, my service manual is supposed to be in the dealers parts room today. Any ideas before I go tearing into it?

/ 4310 won't move #2  
With only 84 hours, surely you have lots of warranty left. I would not go "tearing into" something unless I knew it would be a simple fix. I'd be on the telephone to my dealer's service dept. If they could not tell me something to check, my tractor would be on its way back for service.

I'm speaking from experience here. On my new tractor, I fixed what should have been done as a warranty repair. It turned out to be twice the job I had estimated and I knew exactly what was wrong (broken weld) before I started. Do what you "must," but consider what you might be getting into before you tackle this problem.

/ 4310 won't move #3  
Listen to the Jinman. If you have a warranty, DO NOT mess with the tractor. Let the dealer fix it. Once you try to fix it. You may very well own it.

/ 4310 won't move
Excellent points regarding the warranty, thank you. I was convinced it was something simple. Last night I looked for "obvious" problems, pulled connectors, chewed-up wires, everything is connected and nothing jumped out at me as being "broke". I will call the dealer today.