3520 Radiator Issue

/ 3520 Radiator Issue #1  

Vic_N

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
I have 10 hours on my new 3520 and I have a radiator issue but I’m not sure what is causing it. Since I’ve owned the machine I always have a small puddle of coolant on my concrete floor after using it. I noticed the recovery tank has been below the FULL COLD line when the engine is cold. So I assumed I just needed to add some coolant to the tank. I hadn’t added this coolant yet and today…after simply moving the tractor from one place to another…I had a large puddle of coolant on the floor.

I waited for the engine to cool completely and then checked the radiator level; it was full to the top. The recovery tank level is down to about ¼ inch. I crawled under the tractor to feel around for where the coolant was coming from. I saw a few drops at the end of the overflow tubing connected to the recovery tank cap but the puddle wasn’t really under the end of that tubing. I found fresh coolant on my hand after feeling below the center of the radiator but couldn’t find where the fluid was coming from. I don’t get it. The engine temp is always normal on the range. Could this be a hose clamp problem somewhere? If anyone has any ideas I’d sure appreciate hearing them. Thank you.

Vic

/ 3520 Radiator Issue #2  
I would suggest starting with the hose clamps. Try to tighten them a bit. If you find one that tightens easy, then you likely have found the problem. While tightening, also make sure the clamps aren't back too far from the end of the hose. There is a slight bump or bead near the end of the pipes that the hoses push onto. If a clamp is placed patially on that bead then it may not clamp correctly.

Try this first, then let us know the results.

/ 3520 Radiator Issue
Roger,

Makes sense to me. I'll try it today. TGIF!

Vic

/ 3520 Radiator Issue #4  
Any luck fixing this leak yet?

/ 3520 Radiator Issue
Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to get some experience before providing an update. I tightened the hose clamps a bit and I added enough Cool-Gard to bring the recovery tank up to the full cold line. I have not had any puddles on the floor since. It seems too easy, doesn't it? Thanks for the advice.

Vic

/ 3520 Radiator Issue #6  
That's great! Thanks for the update.