John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Saw this in the Tennessean newspaper yesterday and thought I'd give you guys the info.

"Deere & Co. , the world's largest maker of tractors, is recalling about 2,800 tractors because the vehicles seats may break off on a rollover, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said today.

Because of a bad weld, seat brackets on the John Deere Twenty Series tractors may break when the driver's weight shifts because of a rollover the commission said on its Web site. No injuries have been reported.

The tractors models, priced between $17,000 and $28,300 were sold between October 2005 and March 2006 . Deere & Co. is notifying customers directly about the recall the commission said. "

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #2  
I think that is pretty good that they are admitting to the problem and then takin care of it. That is what makes a good tractor good.

murph

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #3  
Some reporter, JD is the worlds third largest tractor manufacure.

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #4  
Any chance they are including the heavy equipment line in with those figures? JD makes quite alot of heavy equipment... some units cost half a million dollars a pop.... real easy to have high 'tractor' sales numbers if they count the heavy equipment section of the company..

Soundguy

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #5  
thcri said:
I think that is pretty good that they are admitting to the problem and then takin care of it. That is what makes a good tractor good.

murph
I agree,, they saw a problem and got on it right away.. Best to take care of it immediately. Stall tactics only put doubt in future customers..

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #6  
A tractor company that admits its mistakes and stands behind its product. What a concept! While the only JDs I own are mowers (an LT and a push mower), the company has always treated me right if they were responsible for the problem.
Bonehead

/ John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled #7  
Can you consolidate the two almost indentically titled posts into one?