Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kubota B2910, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.

Default John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled

Saw this in the Tennessean newspaper yesterday and thought I'd give you guys the info.

"Deere & Co. , the world's largest maker of tractors, is recalling about 2,800 tractors because the vehicles seats may break off on a rollover, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said today.

Because of a bad weld, seat brackets on the John Deere Twenty Series tractors may break when the driver's weight shifts because of a rollover the commission said on its Web site. No injuries have been reported.

The tractors models, priced between $17,000 and $28,300 were sold between October 2005 and March 2006 . Deere & Co. is notifying customers directly about the recall the commission said. "

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

Default Re: John Deere - 2,800 Tractors Recalled

I think that is pretty good that they are admitting to the problem and then takin care of it. That is what makes a good tractor good.

murph
    "This country was founded and built by people with great dreams and the courage to take great risks."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1100, MF135, MF65

Some reporter, JD is the worlds third largest tractor manufacure.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Any chance they are including the heavy equipment line in with those figures? JD makes quite alot of heavy equipment... some units cost half a million dollars a pop.... real easy to have high 'tractor' sales numbers if they count the heavy equipment section of the company..

Soundguy

LarryRB

Quote Originally Posted by thcri
    I think that is pretty good that they are admitting to the problem and then takin care of it. That is what makes a good tractor good.

murph
    I agree,, they saw a problem and got on it right away.. Best to take care of it immediately. Stall tactics only put doubt in future customers..

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610

A tractor company that admits its mistakes and stands behind its product. What a concept! While the only JDs I own are mowers (an LT and a push mower), the company has always treated me right if they were responsible for the problem.
    Bonehead
    I used to be like Bob S., then I evolved!

Tractor
    '05 Farmtrac 270DTC

Can you consolidate the two almost indentically titled posts into one?
    Farmtrac 270 DTC

Tractor
    JD 3520

JD website has a notice (dated 07-07-06) in their info center on the serial numbers of the recalled tractors. Mine was not one of them but I printed off a copy to keep with my other paperwork.

here is the website:
    http://www.deere.com/en_US/newsroom/...sc_notice.html
    CHUCK

JD3520 W/ iMATCH, 300X LOADER, LX5 MOWER, FRONTIER BB2060 BOXBLADE, OTHER VARIOUS ATTACHMENTS