4120 john deere ehydro

/ 4120 john deere ehydro #1  

burbank227@aol.com

Can someone please help me!!

I have always been a john deere fan, but i bought a 4120 ehydro a year in 9 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. I will be going along and it will stop dead!! the engone still runs, but it won't move. I have had it back to the dealer 5 times for the same thing. they even replaced the computer last time and assured me that it was 100% fixed!! within an hour in a half the very next day it did it again! I am sick and tired of this machine today I had to back home (1/2 mile) because it would not go forward. The warranty runs out in October the dealer is trying to do something about getting me into another tractor, but I have alot of money into this one who's going to pay me the difference?

An error 14 keeps showing up on the gauge. Please does anyone know what is wrong with this thing?

D. Burbank
New Hampshire:mad:

/ 4120 john deere ehydro #2  
Looking in the operator's manual on the John Deere website, I see that error 14 happens when the current to the HST pump control is either too high or too low. It could be an intermittent short, but I think more likely that it is a bad connection that opens when the tractor warms up. There are 3 connections in this circuit. One at the computer, one at the HST pump control valve and one in between. Hopefully your dealer checked the one at the computer when that was changed. The in between one is a 3 pin connector that is amongst the wires under the footdeck on the right side. You may be able to find it by following the wiring harness that comes out of the hole in the transmission under the fuel tank on right side. The final connection is not very accessible and probably requires removing the fuel tank.

Do you know what your dealer has done to date? Has your dealer been in contact with John Deere DTAC (dealer technical assistance center) at the factory for this problem? If not, it sound like they should.

/ 4120 john deere ehydro #3  
I am not sure what you mean by having alot in this tractor, but I would jump at a shot at getting a new unit. If you mean aftermarket accessories, you will be able to transfer them to the new ride. Every mfg has lemons leave the factory now and again. What is important is how they take care of their customers. Good luck.

/ 4120 john deere ehydro #4  
I had the same problem,except i only had mine for 2 months.I would get a era code ( can't remember the number ) My dealer came out and he made some kinda adjustment under the tractor almost under the e-hydro pedals.If i remember correctly ,I think theres a black plastic cover over where the adjustment was made.Easy fix ,took 5 mins. and never had it happen again.

Mike

/ 4120 john deere ehydro #5  
Sounds like the error code is the least of the problem here. These machines are pretty standardized and well-made, so it really sounds electronic en totale to me. The only problem I have seen recently is that some dealerships really struggle with diagnosing these higher tech machines. My home dealer has a good service department and my local dealer has--well--some nice people. There is a large difference between the two in ability to diagnose and fix such a problem. The key I think (although I do not know if the dealer would agree) is to have the local service support come in and check the machine. JD would rather replace than have you unhappy, although they would prefer to fix the existing machine I am sure. Please make sure the proper diagnostic support has been illicited and go from there. I am no service person, but this smacks to me of a simple fix that has been elusive, rather than a major catastophy.

John M