VERTICAL EXHUAST?

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Has anyone installed a vertical exhaust kit on their 3000 series tractor? I don't like the dust that the stock exhaust blows when you are working. And when you are working in front of the tractor when its running you are breathing the fumes.Just wanted to know what it took as far as installation. Do you have to modify your hood? Or just where does it go as far as routing?

Thanks

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #2  
I have the Vertical Exhaust on my JD 3720 Cab Tractor. I really like it a lot better than the standard exhaust. I actually ordered my tractor with it installed on the machine. But I know it isn't hard to do at all. I put a vertical exhaust on my last tractor also, (I did it myself) a JD 4200. It was easy.

The Exaust on the 3000 series, is a two piece exhaust. You have a stem that comes up thru the top of your hood. And the Long pipe fits right on to that, so you can just pull the top part off when you need to open the hood for anything.

Besides, It makes your tractor look more like an aggressive machine...haha...

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #3  
I have vertical Exhuast on my JD 3120.I is real easy to put on I installed the Exhuast in about a 1 hour.

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #4  
Doesn't the vertical exhaust go through a hole in the hood? Does one need a special hood for this? I would like to convert my 3720 to a vertical exhaust.

John M

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #5  
jcmseven said:
Doesn't the vertical exhaust go through a hole in the hood? Does one need a special hood for this? I would like to convert my 3720 to a vertical exhaust.

John M

Yes the vertical exhaust goes through hole in the hood. If you open your hood up you will see an indentation in the hood where a drill bit would go should be on the right side about mid way up standing infront of the tractor. I believe everything is included in the vertical exhaust kit to convert your existing setup to the stack.

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST?
FACTORYY99, I saw the two places that the hood is marked for cut out on the inside. How many inches above the hoodline does the stack go? Also, do you have to remove the stack to open hood or does it just go with the hood when opening it? Thanks

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #7  
The Stem of the exhaust sticks out of the opening in the hood about an inch. Then you have the top Stack that fits on top of the stem. Yes, when you want to open your hood, you just grab the stack and pull it off the stem. It interlocks with the stem with peg and groove. There is a safe area on the stack so you can grab it with your hands even if the stack is hot.

Like I said before, I have the vertical exhaust and I love it. No hassle whatsoever.... easy as can be...

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST?
JasonMac, thanks for the info. I am going to order one soon.

/ VERTICAL EXHUAST? #9  
can someone post pics of vert exhaust?