skid steer attachment carrier

/ skid steer attachment carrier #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
I' ve talked to two different dealers on the JD skid steer attachment for a 300CX loader. One says it is on the put on the loader and taken off to use the standard 61" JD bucket. The other says it is more part of the loader and requires a special skid steer type 66" utility bucket which can either be low profile with smaller capacity (16 cu ft.) or more standard in type with 21 cu ft. capacity.
It seems kind of rediculous to have to remove the skid steer attachment just to use the bucket each time. I have a bobcat pallet fork and PHD and like the skid steer platform.
How does it really work? I'm not sure either has sold may of these. Personally, I think JD should get with the program and offer a true skid steer type hook up option.

/ skid steer attachment carrier #2  
the 300CX loader can be ordered in either way,
with the skid steer carrier,
or the JD quicktatch carrier.

If you have the JD system, you can then buy
an adaptor to use the skid steer attachments,
but that would be removed for the quicktatch
attachments if you had them also.

if you just want the skid steer style, then order
the loader that way, and that is what you will have,
with no adaptor needed.

i guess in a way both dealers are right, but maybe
didn't explain very clearly the differences.

:cool:

/ skid steer attachment carrier #3  
I have the SS attachment system on my loader and ordered it that way. I also ordered the loader with the bucket delete option and opted for JD skid steer construction bucket.

The dealer had the tractor and loader in stock, with a JD bucket (no ss attachement) and let me take the tractor home for 3 weeks and after all the parts arrived, the swapped out the standard brackets for the ss type brackets and installed my bucket.

I don't see an easy way to swap out the ss attachment with the regular bucket brackets, but since I don't have the regular type of brackets I can't help you there. I do like the ss type attachement system and use it to switch between my pallet forks and bucket in about 15 seconds.

Derek

/ skid steer attachment carrier
Dutch445 and hilld, that's exactly the information I needed. Now I understand how it works. Thanks again!

Am I correct in assuming the JD quicktatch will work with my bobcat pallet forks and bobcat PHD?

/ skid steer attachment carrier #7  
Radman,
If you have the JDquicktach system, you will need an adaptor plate
to hook on before you can use your bobcat forks and phd.

If you opt for the JD Skid Steer Carrier instead of the JD QuickTach,
then you will be able to use a Skid Steer bucket, and can also hook into your forks and auger very easily with no adaptors.

Do you have the loader now??

/ skid steer attachment carrier #9  
From the picture is worth a thousand words school of thought...

tach-all_top.jpg

ATI Tach-All

This is ATI's JD proprietary to SSL QA adapter. Note that the adapter itself is a JD QA attachment, just like any other JD proprietary QA implement.

Kind of a best of both worlds situation in that it lets you use either JD proprietary QA implements or SSL QA implements and maintain QA mounting for either style attachment. The one downside is that when you use the JD QA to SSL QA adapter, you will loose a small amount of your FEL lift capacity since the adapter will push the SSL attachments a little further away from the FEL.

Also, ATI makes SSL mounting plates that can be used to convert attachments to SSL QA.

Dutch445:
No, I do not have the loader but am planning to sell my Kubota 3710 for a JD 5320 with cab. I have a aftermarket skid steer adapter plate on my Kubota loader. The way I understand from the salesman, is that the skid steer attachment carrier ($411) fits on the standard Jd attachment bracket which is currently on the loader. The skid steer type bucket/phd/pallet fork would then attach to the skid steer attachment carrier. Is that right? It would seem to make more sense to completely omit the standard JD quicktatch and directly mount the skid steer attachment carrier directly to the loader arms to reduce loader weight.

hilld;
If I understand your reply, the standard factory loader attachment brackets were removed and exchanged for the skid steer attachment carrier. Did you keep the standard brackets or did the dealer.
Is it possible to get a factory direct JD loader with a skid steer type plate directly mounted on the loader arms and omit the standard JD type loader attachment brackets (JD quicktatch)? I would like to keep the weight on the front as little as possible.
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm not sure the salesman has sold skid steer attachment carrier.