General MMM/PHD questions

/ General MMM/PHD questions #1  

Anjou

Tractor
2007 John Deere 2305
Bonjour!

A few general questions, pertaining to the use of a JD 2305.

(1) When mowing slopes of 15-25% with the 62" MMM, is it safer to drive up the slope or down?
(2) Does a FEL affect the safety when when mowing slopes of 15-25% with the 62" MMM? If you start to flip, will raising the FEL prevent or contribute to your demise?
(3) What is the maximum mowing height of the 62C MMM?
(4) How do you use a PTO-mounted post-hole digger to get a 48" deep hold for corner posts for a high-tensile fence? I've seen 30" and 42" augers, but nothing at 48". Can you dig 6" deeper than the stated auger length or do you need to use an extension?
(5) Considering the height differences, would a 2320 (CAT I) be significantly better than a 2305 (limited CAT I) for digging 36-48" post holes?
(6) Would a 2320 owner have significantly less probability of destroying the hydrostatic cooling fan than a 2305 owner when mowing rough pasture with hidden woodchuck holes? Is this common problem of destroying the fan only an issue when brush hogging without the MMM installed (in other words will the MMM protect the hydrostatic cooling fan)?

Merci

/ General MMM/PHD questions #2  
I have a 62C MMM on my 2210. The slope of the land I mow is from 0%-20% and I have no problem. I do take off the FEL and any rear implement when I mow. The tractor is a lot more stable on the slopes with the FEL off. As far as the fan, I broke mine by driving over small trees, about 1/2 inch diameter and 1-2 feet high, in the woods. Replacing the fan is not fun. If you bush hog with a tractor that does have an exposed cooling fan, I recommend protecting it with some type of cover.
-Eric

/ General MMM/PHD questions #3  
Hi:

I mow with a 2305 and have short sections of probably more than 20%. You'll have no issues with that (I prefer to go up but have gone up and down), just don't corner on it. I also mow with the loader ON, but without the bucket. Taking off the 180lb bucket makes it not 'rock' when you hit bumps. You will probably have to switch to low range to mow up a 20% grade though. One issue you might have is if the transition at the top is too fast you'll scalp the grass since the middle of the deck will want to bottom out over the hump.

/ General MMM/PHD questions #4  
2) Does a FEL affect the safety when when mowing slopes of 15-25% with the 62" MMM? If you start to flip, will raising the FEL prevent or contribute to your demise?

Always drop the bucket if there is any doubt. Be sure to travel with it low to the ground.