2002 110 tlb stabilizer bleeding down

/ 2002 110 tlb stabilizer bleeding down #1  

kellytheaker

Tractor
110 TLB
i thought i would ask if the bleeding down of the stabilizer is the fault of a stabilizer seal on the cylinder or a spool on the b/h levers. It is not weeping any hyd, fluid at the stabilizer cylinder and i cannot see into the spool area . Just thought i would ask if the problem can be easilly remedied with a seal or do you always replace all the cylinder wipers and seals ect ect.

/ 2002 110 tlb stabilizer bleeding down #2  
The problem could be either. But, I would suspect the cylinder seals to be the culprit. Since you probably do not have any QD's (quick disconnects) on the lines, the leakage is harder to isolate.
The seal kits are usually not that expensive, and rebuilding a cylinder is alot easier than getting the valve bank out, I would try it.

You can check the cylinder though...buy disconnecting the line on the cylinder that is on the side opposite where the pressure is to hold it up (hard to explain... but probably the line on the rod end of the cylinder. Just not sure how your cylinders are mounted) If you get seepage of hydro fluid out of this line the the seals are definitely bad.

Clear as mud?
If you do not understand, I will try to explain it differently for you...