Throttle tension adjustment?

/ Throttle tension adjustment? #1  

Bob_Trevithick

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4300 MFWD
On my new 4300, I've noticed that I move the throttle up to where I want it, let go, and it moves back down a bit to a slower position all by itself. It takes a lot of fiddling to get the RPMs to stay where I want them.

Opening the hood and pulling the side panel makes it obvious that, if there is an adjustment for this, it must be up under the instrument panel cowling somewhere? I don't have my tech manual yet for this machine, so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the best way to get at the adjustment?

The Deere dealer said they had never had to adjust one before, and could only suggest pulling that cowling and looking around a bit.

Anyone been there, done that?

Thanks,
Bob

TBN_sig.gif

Bob Trevithick

/ Throttle tension adjustment? #2  
Yes, been there done that. If you remove the 4 or so screws holding the instrument panel down and lift it up, you can barely get access (without major tearing apart) to a nylon inserted nut that clamps a friction plate against the throttle lever. If I remember correctly, you'll need two open end wrenches, one to grab the nut and the other to grab the head of the bolt. Kind of awkward getting in there without taking too much apart, but it can be done.

Tom

/ Throttle tension adjustment?
Thanks, Tom! I guess I will be tinkering tonight. Not that I mind tinkering, mind you... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Appreciate the reply!!

TBN_sig.gif

Bob Trevithick