CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ?

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #1  

JasonMac

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720 Cab Tractor
Does anybody know of a way to make my work lights and flasher lights come on at the same time?

Is there a switch I can add or something to make this happen.

My reason for this is in the winter when I'm clearing snow, I'm usually in a pretty busy parking lot. I need my flood lights, but would also like my flasher to be on too. The closest thing I can do right now is have a blinker on while I have my flood lights lit.

I do think the JD light switch is kind of annoying because, I would rather have a seperate switch for each set of lights. But most importantly if I can only add one switch, I would like that switch to be the flasher lights.

Has anybody done this before?

My last tractor which had the Jodale Perry Cab had seperate switches for the auxillary lights mounted on the cab, 2 Floods Front, 1 Flood Rear, and 4 Corner Mounted Flasher Lights. Then of course I had the lights that came with the tractor, side mounted Flasher lights, and Hood Headlights. I liked this setup a lot.

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #2  
How about this? Price = $170 per John Deere web site.

Beacon light kit

The beacon light may be required for certain governmental or commercial applications. This kit consists of a rotating, high-intensity light that rests inside an amber-colored safety lens. A rocker switch controls its actuation. It can be located on the right-hand control panel for convenient access.

Allow one-half hour for installation.

Code Bundle Description
LVB24852 Beacon light kit
Note:
For cab tractors only.

Last Updated : 14-Feb-2006

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #3  
Jason,

I'd have to advise going along with this as a much easier and neater option. Otherwise I think you are looking at actually getting into the wiring harness for your existing lights somewhere ahead of the main switch and chopping it up so to speak. It could be done, but it would take a lot of effort and would end up being messy at best.

Richard

4320 eHydro Cab 400X

RogerH said:
How about this? Price = $170 per John Deere web site.

Beacon light kit

The beacon light may be required for certain governmental or commercial applications. This kit consists of a rotating, high-intensity light that rests inside an amber-colored safety lens. A rocker switch controls its actuation. It can be located on the right-hand control panel for convenient access.

Allow one-half hour for installation.

Code Bundle Description
LVB24852 Beacon light kit
Note:
For cab tractors only.

Last Updated : 14-Feb-2006

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #4  
I had the beacon light installed. It's a nice accessory. There is a nice illuminated switch that drives it, and you would basically need it for any work light applications.

I purchased it based on this forum because when I use the back blade at night, I will need my rear work lights to see where the heck I'm going, and the flashers would be off by default.

In my opinion, it was money well spent.

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #5  
Jason, I beleive the reason JD has it setup that way is that with the worklights on it may obscure that the flashers are on, but I understand your need for it to be setup as all lights on.

/ CAB TRACTOR: FLASHER / WORK LIGHTS ? #6  
I would also like to be able to have both on at the same time. I can't put the strobe on the roof. I clear my 8' garage door by a 1/4 inch as it is.