Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff!

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #21  
Got mine coupon a couple of days ago - I, too, read the pamphlet about 6 times looking for the fine print. The way the pamphlet was set-up I thought you had to buy one of the tractor attachment combos they were pitching, nut nope.

Figures, though, I just bought all the filters in August when I changed the oil & hydro fluid.

-Norm

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #22  
Yep! I got one for the 2305, took it to the dealer the same day. My 2305 is almost one year old.

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #23  
dmp437 said:
I got a card in the mail this week to get a free "FilterPak" from Deere. Always in the mood for free, I went to the dealer and found out the FilterPak (for the 4310) is part number LVA14416 and retails for $119. It includes 2 oil filters, 1 air filter, 1 hydraulic filter, and a fuel filter. The stuff should be in Tuesday of next week. Anyone else get one of these cards?
It almost doesn't make sense to give away stuff that you have to buy anyway. It's not like there are a lot of generic equivelents available and most Deere people tend to keep the machine OEM anyway. The offer is valid September 12, 2006 through November 27, 2006.

Interesting... I bought my 2520 last spring and haven't seen anything. We'll see.... :)

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #24  
I received my "Add an attachment" pamphlet last week, with free filter pack offer inside. My dealer never heard of the offer, and also didnt know they packaged the filters in kits. He did find it in the parts book though, and ordered it for me. My 4100 is five years old this month.

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #25  
WOW! I noticed that there has been a little spike on these kits apearing on eBay from individuals... Makes sense. I haven'rt seen the coupon, either, but I hope I do, as I was just about to go get the Kit....

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #26  
Well, we had a JD Dealer rep show up at our place the other day asking if we were interested in buying a tractor for our property. My wife said that wasn't necessary as we already had one. He wanted to know what kind - she said JD4600 - he said from where - she said from your dealership (and she gave the name of the owner/rep). The guy said thank you and left his card.

The next day my Filter coupon showed up.

FUNNY! :eek: :p :cool:

-Bob

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #27  
Hey, Bob, those same guys stopped by MY house yesterday! They talked to my wife; who actually TOLD them we were considering adding another tractor since I don't have one!:eek: She showed them HER tractor and told them I was jealous....

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #28  
Well, the Tractor's mine. She can keep the lousy Toby Keith tickets and fan club membership. :eek: :eek: :D

-Bob

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #29  
I have had my 3520 for a couple of months. Hope I get the coupon. I am at 47 hrs and need to do a service soon.

/ Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff! #30  
dmp437 said:
Thumbs Up to Deere for the Free Stuff!

JEERS to DEERE, not Cheers for them. NOTHING is FREE. You paid for the so-called free stuff in the form of a higher sale price. I wonder how many people think they have actually gotten a discount when they buy a tractor for less than the overinflated MSRP? I'd prefer they just keep the "freebies" and give us the bottom line price from the start. As far as advertising goes, the only advertising a good manufacturer should need, other than to showcase new models/products, is the praise of satisfied customers by word of mouth or informative forums such as this one.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, and if I have, I apologize, but this really gets me worked up. My disgruntlement stems from having to pay for "free" handouts from government through higher taxes, but I'll reserve that topic for another forum.