Oil & Fuel aftermarket oil filter for 2210

/ aftermarket oil filter for 2210 #1  

jd2210

Silver Member
Tractor
2210 JD
My 2210 just went off warranty and I'm planning on using aftermarket oil filters. My local supplier can't seem to find one and was wondering if anyone has located a part number and brand yet. thanks

/ aftermarket oil filter for 2210 #2  
You can go to the Wix site and type in your JD part number to find a Wix equivalent (or the NAPA Gold number which is the Wix number minus the "5" prefix)
HTML:
http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

My experience with NAPA/WIX filters on my cycles, cars, trucks, backhoe, Gator, X595 and 955 has been as expected - fine. I don't know if I've ever seen an engine expire because of a defective filter. I did see a Purolator filter split lengthwise one time on a Ford Pinto, but, I digress. :eek:

All that said, J-D's prices usually aren't THAT much higher, and in some cases, lower (the hydrostatic drive filter for the 595 was about $3 less at J-D than NAPA, if memory serves), so, give the OEM a chance, too.

/ aftermarket oil filter for 2210 #3  
Good call, Wix part # is 51365. Call be purchased for ~$5.60 (RockAuto) plus shipping or ~$11.50 at AdvanceAutoParts. Purolator # is L14612 ~$3.50 at AdvanceAutoParts. Fram is PH6607 ~$4.50. The Deere filter via the dealer is ~$6.50.

/ aftermarket oil filter for 2210 #4  
I'll buy the filter from JD, but the oil will be nothing but Rotella! :D

/ aftermarket oil filter for 2210
The WIX is the cheapest here. Deere is almost twice the cost. Purolator and Fram are virtually the same as the WIX. WIX it is then. I've been using their filters in all of our logging equipment for years without any issues, and that's with junk oil.