50 hr service on 3520

/ 50 hr service on 3520 #1  

jmt1271

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I have heard a few different ideas of what comprises a 50 hr service for a 3520. I have 51.8 hrs on her and want to do the service this weekend. For sure I will be doing an oil change. Any tricks or tips to keep the oil change as curse word free as possible? This is my first ever service on a tractor. What else should I do for a 50 hr service? I understand that there are differences in the manuals as far as 50 hr services on these tractors is why I am asking. Thanks.

/ 50 hr service on 3520 #2  
Hi jmt,

I went through 3 oil changes on the 3320, and can't imagine you'll utter a foul word doing it...

Trucks, cars, outboards, marine diesels... nothing so hassle free as working on that tractor... the 3520 should be no different!:)

My .02 would be to use those free filters Deere handed out (except the air--check that one--should be fine) and tackle the hydraulic fluid & filter at the same time. Have a BIG filter wrench for the cover, and drive the rear wheels onto a couple of 2x8 slabs on each side and you can get a 5 gallon bucket in under the plug... have a second bucket ready & switch at 2-3 gallons and it should be mess free for you.

While thats draining you can get the front axle drained too.

Deere in no way recommends doing either so early in the game, but I'm an ounce of prevention kind of guy...:eek:

/ 50 hr service on 3520 #3  
JMT:

I did the 50 hour service on my 3520 a couple weeks ago. My manual only calls for the oil & filter change as well as servicing the air filter etc.

It went very easily, I used a 2.5(?) gallon pail to catch the oil as it drained, it fit under the machine easily. Then I changed the oil filter and refilled the engine. I serviced the air filter elements, ran the engine for a couple of minutes, checked for leaks, checked the oil level and cleaned up. All told, probaly no more that 45 minutes including cleaning up and putting all my tools away. I also took the opportunity to blow everything clean with some compressed air so that I could look for any potential leaks/problems.

If you can change the oil in
your lawn mower you can do the service.

BILL

/ 50 hr service on 3520 #4  
My owner's manual matches the online manual, so I just changed the engine oil & filter, checked front axle oil level and lubed anything that moves or takes grease.

As mentioned already, all the tasks are very easy to perform. :)

/ 50 hr service on 3520
Thanks guys. I guess I will just do the oil change and lube/check everything else. I check all fluids prior to each use of the tractor and will probably do a Hyd. fluid/filter change a little early but not just yet.

/ 50 hr service on 3520 #7  
jmt1271 said:
I have heard a few different ideas of what comprises a 50 hr service for a 3520. I have 51.8 hrs on her and want to do the service this weekend. For sure I will be doing an oil change. Any tricks or tips to keep the oil change as curse word free as possible? This is my first ever service on a tractor. What else should I do for a 50 hr service? I understand that there are differences in the manuals as far as 50 hr services on these tractors is why I am asking. Thanks.

I posted this report two years ago:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/jd-owning-operating/82563-report-3320-hydraulic-fluid-filter.html