542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit?

/ 542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit? #1  

GaryBDavis

Gold Member
I’m using a WR Long brush grapple and Tree Terminator tree shear on my JD5420. I’ve got both attachments configured for my 542 FEL. For hydraulics, I’m using a Hyvair solenoid valve that is connected through my power beyond. I mounted the Hyvair near the FEL so the attachments hook up in the same area as the factory hydraulics for the FEL.

I had one fellow at a JD dealership tell me they make a grapple hydraulics kit for the 542 loader. He indicated it was a set of disconnects and a couple of steel lines that ran alongside the four lines that normally come on the 542 FEL. He said they converted to rubber hoses where FEL connects to the tractor. Up front, they have disconnects that mount on the front bar near the bucket. I’m thinking this is a kit made for the 5425 which has an optional three valve FEL port.

I’d like to shorten my grapple and tree shear hoses to simplify things when I switch between the two. However, my local JD dealership isn’t very knowledgeable and won’t bother to do some research. Can anyone here point me to a part number for this kit?

Thanks.

/ 542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit? #2  
Gary,
I found the kit on JDParts.com by searching for "542". Your dealer must be REAL LAZY!
I can't find a number for the whole bundle yet..but did find the picture with individual part #s.

Have you ever used JDParts?

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 330
   / 542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit?
kennyd,

Thanks man. I believe that's just what I'm looking for. I called another dealer and they knew exactly what I was talking about. He said there are a couple of different versions of that kit. I think the kit part number may be a WP5857.

This will save me from having to dress the hoses in along the FEL arm everytime I switch them out.

Thanks again for your help.

/ 542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit? #4  
Glad to help Gary, you should check out JDParts though...Really neat stuff!

IF you do not like the price of the kit, you could do what I and alot of others have done when installing diverters or the WR Long kit. Run hoses (following the steel lines) up to the front and terminated the hoses with quick coonects mounted on a homemade bracket.

Search the "diverter" threads for lots of pictures...

/ 542 FEL Grapple Hose Kit? #5  
I have that kit on my 542SL on a 5525. I have to say - the brackets that hold the line suck. I tore mine up in short order. The dealer made it right by rummaging thru their junk box and fixing it right. With a trash grapple, it is not if but when you will get the hoses snagged. I can post some pics fo the upgrade on mine later next week if you need it.

D.