Mounting a toolbox on a 4300

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #1  

mlip

Tractor
JD4300
I've recently moved up from an old IH Cub Lo Boy to a JD4300. World of difference....but, I always used to be able to carry some chain, rope, nylon web tug strap and a couple of wrenches under the seat of my old IH. There isnt much room for this in the JD. Does any one have any good solutions for mounting a tool box to carry stuff? I'd like to carry ropes, etc, without worrying that they'll fall off or get tangled in something.

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #2  
Those other brands build the tractor around the tool box! Cause of the consistant need for tools.

Seriously though if you don't have a loader the side frame is a great loaction you can get a quick mount kit from deere

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #3  
I hear you and I feel your pain. I put my tool box in the best spot I could find, the trailer! I'll keep watching this to see if anyone has any good ideas

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #4  
Go to an army/navy surplus store and get yourself a couple old metal ammo boxes and attach them to the lower part of your ROPS on either side. You can use a couple U-bolts or just touch a couple spots on each with a MIG welder. You shouldn't need to run the full lengths of the edges. A couple spots on either side should work for you.

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #5  
I made up a drawbar, receiver mount, ballast box thingy for the 3pth.Included a spot infront of the drawbar for a coupla custom made boxes. I also added a home-made plywood chain saw scabbord to each side of the FEL supports on the outside. Also on the supports I have another box made from two pieces of 5" channel welded together with a bottom added. Those funny holes at the top of the support are perfect for 1/2" bolts to hang things from with no drilling.
The hinge section of the ROPS (mine supports a plywood roof so it is never folded)gives you more holes to install hooks from which I hang my army surplus kit bag with lunch, jacket, spare smokes etc. This get wrapped with bungy cords to keep it secure in the bushes.
In the fall my Kolpin gun scabbord also get strapped on to the FEL brackets.(1"nylon straps and bungy cords are a Godsend). My little plastic fender box seems to get reserved for my cassette tapes, ammo and spare lock pins.T'aint purdy but it works for me.

/ Mounting a toolbox on a 4300 #6  
I made up a drawbar, receiver mount, ballast box thingy for the 3pth.Included a spot infront of the drawbar for a coupla custom made boxes. I also added a home-made plywood chain saw scabbord to each side of the FEL supports on the outside. Also on the supports I have another box made from two pieces of 5" channel welded together with a bottom added. Those funny holes at the top of the support are perfect for 1/2" bolts to hang things from with no drilling.
The hinge section of the ROPS (mine supports a plywood roof so it is never folded)gives you more holes to install hooks from which I hang my army surplus kit bag with lunch, jacket, spare smokes etc. This get wrapped with bungy cords to keep it secure in the bushes.
In the fall my Kolpin gun scabbord also get strapped on to the FEL brackets.(1"nylon straps and bungy cords are a Godsend). My little plastic fender box seems to get reserved for my cassette tapes, ammo and spare lock pins.T'aint purdy but it works for me.