2210 hydro cooling fan

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #1  

jdpfeffer

Tractor
JD 2210
Just over a year and I managed to shear off all the blades on the plastic cooling fan. Read a post about how much it cost to replace at a dealer (300) and am wondering if I can do this myself, or if any warranty might cover it. Any advice? Time to build a guard I guess.

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #4  
jdpfeffer said:
Just over a year and I managed to shear off all the blades on the plastic cooling fan. Read a post about how much it cost to replace at a dealer (300) and am wondering if I can do this myself, or if any warranty might cover it. Any advice? Time to build a guard I guess.
jd,

Are you telling us you have been driving around for a year with sheared-off blades?

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan
oh no- sorry if that was not clear-this just happened yesterday- I was surprised that after 1 year of dragging trees and brush around in the woods that this just happened. (while on a pleasure cruise through the woods- not even working!)

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #6  
I replaced my fan this spring, it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. I too took off the ROPS, seat, fenders & several levers to get at the fan. It goes pretty fast as everything is readily accessable. Once the fenders are off, it's just a matter of taking apart the universal joint to disconnect the drive shaft & swap out the fan. Taking the universal joint apart was the only difficult part for me as I'd never done it. Let us know if you need a description as to how to take it apart.

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #7  
On my 2210 I sawed the replacement fan in half (well sort of in half given there are is an odd number of blades) and bolted it on in two parts. This was possible since there are four bolts that hold the fan in place, two for each half. Did not have to remove anything other than the mower deck and one guard to get at the fan from the underside of the tractor. The difficult part was coming up with the right sized extensions and universal joints for the sockets that I used to remove and replace the bolts. Clearance and angles worked against me but I got it replaced without removing the ROPS, fender, seat, etc.

Mike

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #8  
Mine have been sheared off for almost 2 yrs now. Its got 225 Hrs on it and has been worked very hard and shows NO signs of anything from the lack of fan cooling.
I even disked a 3 acre field with it (4-5 inches deep) and it was 90 degrees outside and it was fine.

I'd like to replace the fan, but I'll trash it in a week, so why bother......its just in a retarded location. I probabely should replace the tranny filter though, because thats smashed in almost half way! :eek:

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #9  
Deadman. You sound like me. I've wrecked a few filters myself. My fan is decent though. I built a skid plate for the filter and fan, but ended up taking it off due to everything gathering on it. It was hard to build a decent one since the heights are all different down there. My two biggest complaints with this machine are the filter location and the fan location and overall stupity of its construction.

/ 2210 hydro cooling fan #10  
I do have 5 skid plates for the 2305, that I would like to get tested on a 2210. These plates will not work with a Mid Mount Mower, but are a must going off trail. Would someone know, if the belly of the 2210 is the same as 2305?

JD2305skid.jpg

Thanks,
Bird