Snow 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320

/ 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320 #1  

earthly2

How high can you lift the 54" JD snow blade off the ground when attached to either the JD 2305 or JD 2320.
What I am trying to figure out is; If I get 12" of snow, I should have enough
room to push the snow to the side of my driveway and into the roadway.
If the snow is greater than 12", how high can I raise the the 54" Blade to push the pile of snow I have already moved??? to allow for any additional snowfalls.
Thanks for any other suggestions.

/ 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320 #2  
I use a front blade to plow the road after a snowfall and then go back later after it has crusted and windrow it further off the roadway giving me room for additional snows. Front blade height isn't going to help a whole lot (some) with stacking snow higher. Thats one advantage of a loader mounted front blade is that you can lift it and stack higher or use the bucket. The big disadvantage of the loader mounted front blade is if you ever hit any thing solid you are likely to bend something on the loader.

/ 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320 #3  
I didn't get the front blade, I got the blower with chains. We get real snow up here, although not so far this year. I was told the front blade is only so effective after snow is a certain height. Anyone have a comment on this?

/ 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320 #4  
You can plow just about any depth with a front blade as long as you can move forward. I've plowed in 30 inches with my old JD 870 equiped with an 84 inch JD 390 front blade.If it is too deep to plow running with the road you just plow at an angle and open up an area that way. I,ve also open up a drifted roadway in the same way. The only time I ran into a problem was trying to plow out a driveway that ran up a steep hill.

/ 54" snow blade for 2305 or 2320 #5  
I have a long driveway that has an extended up hill run. When you start to get large drifts there is just no where else to push the snow and you either have to use a loader to move it or a blower. Also I'm not crazy about pushing snow and gravel which is a problem when you're trying to work off a driveway peak.

When you're just pushing with a blade you wind up with a tapered drive if it any considerable length like mine. You'll be ok in areas with light to medium snow but not in my area.

When I was using just my walk behind plow I always did better then the pick ups with blades and that was just a 24" width plow. My friends running blades on trucks had short end front suspension life too. We're using tractors which are infinitely better but for large snow my dealer said go with a plow and chains and you'll get through anything. I'll find out this winter!