Backhoe JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #1  

bushytlb

I'm seeking some help regarding a John Deere 110 tlb. The machine is equiped with an optional "Hydraulic Third Selective Control Valve (SCV) with Diverter". This feature includes 3 hydraulic outlets at the rear of tractor (as well as 3 return outlets).This feature allows operation of rear or front mounted hydraulically driven implements.
My concern is at the back of the tractor when attempting to operate the outlets that are designated continuous flow. I understand that the top two outlets are activated by turning on the "Third SCV" on /off switch. Second, press diverter switch to select rear hydraulic control. Third, move continuous switch to "A" position will allow continuous flow from third SCV circuit out quick coupler "A" and return on quick coupler "B". In following this procedure hydraulic oil should flow.
I'm attempting to operate a "JD 3 wood spliter" which is an open center control valve system. The tractor's hydraulic system is also an open centered system so the two should be compatable. With the approprate switches activated and hydraulic lines connected from spliter to the continuous flow outlets I would think that the spliter would work. I replaced the hose ends with "Pioneer(VP8010-4p) no drip poppet valve male halfs as the original ball style did not seem to work either. I feel I am over looking some detail like the hose end are not long enough though they seem to fit. Any suggestions? The dealer has not been helpful as of yet. Can not locate the specific part number for the male ends as they are not on the machine usually on the implement. Need help Bushy.

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #2  
I would think the best way to run a splitter would be using the circuit
that powers the backhoe,, the hoses you hook up and unhook when installing and removing the backhoe from the tractor. This should be a
continuous flow into your splitter, which would then allow your valve on
the splitter to control the splitter. If you were to want to run it
out of the SCV's, you would then have to set one
of the switches to the continual flow position, but this wouldn't work as well
as the power beyond circuit that powers the backhoe, as that circuit probably has more flow, and is less restricted by the valve etc.

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe
Dutch445 maybe you can help me find and old thread dating back to the spring of 2002 around June. I was an active member at the time eager to report on the perforance of the 110 tlb. I used it like a note book with the idea that I would print it. Though I lost interest in talking about the 110 in lieu of operating it. How would I get back to those old post as I would like to reference them?

Another question there was an active member by the name of Tags is he still around? By the way I am determined to operate the spliter on the remote quick couplers as I belief that is what they were designed to do. I would think that an open center implement should work on the continous flow circuits. Im looking for someone that might have some experience in use the diverter and rear outlets. Thanks for your imput. Bushy

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #4  
You are complicating a simple matter. Run it off the power beyond. Why mess with trying to remember what switches you need to throw. Hook to the power beyond and you are ready to split wood!

Dirtworksequip What do you mean by power beyond? bushy

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #6  
Power beyond is the hyd. circuit that runs the hoe. You should be able to disconnect the hoe attachment and then connect the log splitter to the same hyd. hoses.

Does anyone have a 110 with the above option "Hydraulic Third Selective Control Valve (SCV) with Diverter". Can you tell me what you have been able to run from the rear of the tractor as well as front. I'm looking for types of implements the gpms needed to operate and how well these implements perfromed. Bushy

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #8  
Bushy,
Here is some sales info on the 3rd SCV operation ,, it should read
similar to your op manual. it sounds like when using the diverter to run
rear hydraulics, you need to use your joystick for valve activation.

Operation of optional auxiliary hydraulic systems

Control of either of these optional auxiliary hydraulic systems is accomplished by rocker switches and fingertip controls on either the seat close-out panel or joystick.

Two rocker-type switches are provided. These switches are located between the seat and the SCV joystick console.

Auxiliary hydraulic rocker-type switches

To activate switched hydraulic flow from the third SCV valve, depress the forward portion of the activation switch (C) nearest the seat. To activate continuous hydraulic flow from the third SCV valve, depress either ''A'' or ''B'' on the 3rd SCV full flow switch (D). Depressing ''A'' will provide hydraulic power to the male front coupler nearest the loader boom, with return through the female front coupler. Depressing ''B'' will reverse the power and flow.

SCV joystick

Once the auxiliary hydraulic system has been activated, switched hydraulic flow can be controlled with the touch of a button on the SCV joystick.

By depressing the top portion of the vertical switch pad (E), hydraulic flow is directed to open the jaws of the Worksite Pro Multi-Purpose Bucket. By depressing the bottom portion of the vertical switch pad (F), hydraulic flow is directed to close the jaws of the Worksite Pro Multi-Purpose Bucket.
The vertical switch pad on the joystick only controls third valve function for switched flow, enabled by switch (C). If continuous flow is selected, flow must be stopped by bringing the third continuous flow switch to the centered or neutral position.

For units equipped with third function loader hydraulics with electric diverter valve for three-function rear tractor hydraulics, hydraulic function is switched from front to rear using the forward toggle button on the joystick (G).

Hydraulic function indicator panel

Upon initial activation of third hydraulic function (depressing switch C), the forward portion of the hydraulic function indicator panel in the dash will light up (H). When hydraulic function is changed to the rear (depressing switch G), the rearward portion of the hydraulic function indicator panel in the dash will light up (I).

When units with the third hydraulic function with electric diverter valve are switched to the rear operating position (as above), all hydraulic functions for the rear hydraulic outlets are controlled with the SCV joystick. Fore-and-aft movement of the SCV joystick activates hydraulic power through the lower set of rear couplers. Side-to-side movement of the SCV joystick activates hydraulic power through the middle set of rear couplers. The vertical touchpad on the joystick control activates hydraulic power through the top set of rear couplers.
These hydraulic options provide the best means of meeting your customers' hydraulic power requirements. Controlling mechanisms are state-of-the-art with built-in wiring harnesses. All lines are solid steel piping with O-ring seals at all joints.

/ JD 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe #9  
Here is a document with some of the JD implements and which ones would
be compatable with the 110 and which ones are not... it should give you
an idea of what other types of implements you can or can't use on
your 110,, the footnotes at the bottom are informative also

Attachments

• 110tlb_attachment_compatibility.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,055
Thanks for the help everybody. I guess I'm looking to run something on the remote ports. Can I ask specifically, has anyone run something off the remotes? How did it work? What was the implement? Which circuits did you use? Please, feed me, I'm hungry for details. Thanks again Bushy