4000 series/2520 snowblower help??

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #1  

Shawk

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
I picked up a barely used 2 stage 47" snowblower today that came off a 4110. According to the JD web site everything is identical except for the front PTO on the 4010, 4100, 4110, 4115, 2320 & 2520's... So I thought I'd bring it home hook it up and I'd be good to go :confused: :D . Is there a trick... do I need to wave my magic wand and do some hocus pocus.... I don't have a quicktach book and I simply can't figure it out... Any help is appreciated... I attached a pic.... Thanks guys!

Steve

Attachments

• PICT0275.JPG
    PICT0275.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 601
   / 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #2  
Shawk,
I believe you have the wrong bracket on your tractor. The PTO box that holds the shaft for the mid PTO extension hooks to a different bracket. When I got my machine the bracket you have on your tractor was replaced by the bracket that fits the Mid Pto extension box. I got both brackets but yours was in a parts box and not on my machine.

If you go to the Deere web site and run through the tractor and attachments pricing sheet I think you can see what the correct bracket looks like.

Rob

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help??
Thanks Rob... I took a look at the website but the picture looked like a generic picture not a 2520. I'm wondering if something needs to come off my tractor front. Then perhaps??? the bracket in my pic will bolt bolt or attach to my tractor.... :confused: Appreciate any & all help...

Here's the link to the front hitch on JD's site... Looks like just a generic snap shot to me??? Front Quik-Tatch hitch

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #6  
The front hitch kit comes with two main parts; the quick hitch assembly (has the hyd cylinder and attaches directly to the blower unit) and then an "intermediate" or interface bracket. We'll call the thing sitting on the floor in your picture the intermediate bracket. On a 4110, it slides into the tractor sub frame into a pair of hooks, then a pin is passed through holes in the tractor frame though the aligned holes in the intermediate bracket.
From your pic, it looks like the front end of your 2520 has a slightly different design than a 4110. On the 4110, the frame assembly where the intermediate hitch attaches is squared off. Yours appears to have a considerable angle to it. If so, you'd likely need a different intermediate bracket to make the tractor-to-quick hitch attachment possible.
I'll take a shot and post when the camera gets charged.

Rob-D said:

Link isn't working... but your thoughts are mine right now... Back out to take a peak...

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #8  
When you go to the above link go to accessories and you'll see the Front Attach Support Kit there with your 2520 listed

al3 said:
The front hitch kit comes with two main parts; the quick hitch assembly (has the hyd cylinder and attaches directly to the blower unit) and then an "intermediate" or interface bracket. We'll call the thing sitting on the floor in your picture the intermediate bracket. On a 4110, it slides into the tractor sub frame into a pair of hooks, then a pin is passed through holes in the tractor frame though the aligned holes in the intermediate bracket.
From your pic, it looks like the front end of your 2520 has a slightly different design than a 4110. On the 4110, the frame assembly where the intermediate hitch attaches is squared off. Yours appears to have a considerable angle to it. If so, you'd likely need a different intermediate bracket to make the tractor-to-quick hitch attachment possible.
I'll take a shot and post when the camera gets charged.

Thanks Al... MUCH appreciate... the middle hitch in the pics won't slide onto the slots... slots are to small. I'm thinking the front weight bracket may need to come off??? I'm heading back out to look at it a bit more... Thank you!

/ 4000 series/2520 snowblower help?? #10  
Yes, those brackets comes off and the link I sent you shows the brackets that go on. Deere lists them at $44.00.

Rob