Platinum Member

Default Air in hydraulics 3720

I have been experiencing air in my hydraulics for some time now. Pretty much since new. It is especially noticeable when I use the hydro hard (like plowing) and then lift with the loader. I hear the air go through the pump and "chug" slightly as it raises. It's not nasty, but it's there and it isn't right. Has anybody else experienced this?
    JD3720 300CX FEL, 48" forks, MX-5, RB1172, BB1172 air seat susp
    JD 455 2 wheel steer
    JD x750-Auto Connect w/60" HC deck

Platinum Member

Default Re: Air in hydraulics 3720

Just a follow up on this. I had the machine to the dealer and I couldn't make it do it, but they did look into it and submit a case to DTAC. This a known issue on some machines, but it deosn't sound too common. It's noted in the Deere systemto be tied to using the hydro under heavy load (pushing snow and dirt) in A or B ranges (pushing in C would be "pushing it") followed by loader use. They have issues a warranty extension for this particular system/issues related to this.
    JD3720 300CX FEL, 48" forks, MX-5, RB1172, BB1172 air seat susp
    JD 455 2 wheel steer
    JD x750-Auto Connect w/60" HC deck

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3720 Cab eHydro , JD 455AWS, JD X749AWS, JD 2720, 2015 Toolcat, Bobcat E42 Excavator, BRP Maverick Max, JD 2032R

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyDiesel
    Just a follow up on this. I had the machine to the dealer and I couldn't make it do it, but they did look into it and submit a case to DTAC. This a known issue on some machines, but it deosn't sound too common. It's noted in the Deere systemto be tied to using the hydro under heavy load (pushing snow and dirt) in A or B ranges (pushing in C would be "pushing it") followed by loader use. They have issues a warranty extension for this particular system/issues related to this.
    I have the same condition on my 3720 but my dealer thought it was just the pressure relief bypassing. Do you have the DTAC#?

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

OK.... what's a DTAC? Is that something that Deere will take care of even if your warranty has expired?

AKfish

Tractor
    John Deere LX178

"DTAC" is the John Deere Dealer Technical Assistance Center... This is where us dealers go when we cannot find the fix for a problem - it is a central hub that connects the dealers with the factories and the Deere service guys. If an issue becomes a trend, or even if there are only a few instances of it, it helps Deere and the dealers stay on top of what is going on out in the field.

In KennedyDiesel's instance, since they have yet to determine the actual problem (and consequently a "fix" for it) they have issued an extension of warranty, in regards to this problem only. That way if your tractor goes out of warranty while the issue is being addressed, it will still be eligible to be repaired at no cost to the customer.
    I can run a D100 and a 9560RT (and most of the models in between) all in the same day!!!