JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #1  

Neophyte

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro with 300CX FEL
A while back I purchased a used JD front mount 59" snowblower that was previously on a JD 955. It came with the mounting framework for a 955. I had a bracket fabricated that adapts the 955 mount to my 3320. I think the bracket lowers the mount a bit but I was curious by how much. Currently, I have about 5-3/4" clearance between the bottom of the mount and the ground.

Does anyone out there have a JD front mount 59" snowblower on a 955, 4300, 4310, 3320, etc.? If so, could you please measure the ground clearance from this mount and let me know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,922
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,576
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,460
   / JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #2  
Neophyte,

I currently have a 3320 Cab Tractor in my shop that is awaiting a 59" Snowblower from the factory. We just finished adding the mid PTO, rear work lights, rear wiper and suspension seat this afternoon... When the front three-point hitch and snowblower get installed (hopefully next week :confused: ) I will be glad to get you any measurements you want!

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #3  
The lowest point on the 59 inch blower mount on my 4310 is 7 inches above the shed floor.

Tom

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question
Thanks for checking for me. The adapter adds to the overall height. I could rework the adapter to possibly shave another 1/2" to 3/4" off but I'm not sure it's worth the extra work. Do you think I will be OK with 5-3/4"? Have you ever had any issues with your mount clearance?

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #5  
Have you checked your front PTO kit for compatability with the new tractor?
I was just wondering how the PTO length would compare, and with the
new fabricated bracket being lower, it also means your front PTO shaft will
be lower.
The lift arms on the blower are the same on all models, and I think the
bracket you are building is common from the 4200-4410 models, and may
also fit the 3020 as well. (if you had to buy one)

Dutch445 said:
Have you checked your front PTO kit for compatability with the new tractor?
I was just wondering how the PTO length would compare, and with the
new fabricated bracket being lower, it also means your front PTO shaft will
be lower.
The lift arms on the blower are the same on all models, and I think the
bracket you are building is common from the 4200-4410 models, and may
also fit the 3020 as well. (if you had to buy one)

The PTO shafts should be OK; we will know for sure once we have everything in place. The mid-PTO shaft may need to be a few inches longer but the current shaft has plenty of overlap to spare. The snowblower-PTO shaft should be OK as well.

Yes, the bracket from the 4300 or the 4310 would fit the 3320. However, the 4300 bracket is $400 and the 4310 bracket is $900! That's why I decided to try fabricating this adapter bracket.

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #7  
Neophyte said:
... Do you think I will be OK with 5-3/4"? Have you ever had any issues with your mount clearance?
I don't think an inch and a quarter less will make much difference during snowblowing. I haven't run across any situation where I could detect that my mount was dragging. I imagine you are planning on taking the mount off once you're done with the snow for the year.

Tom

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #8  
Hi,

Your mount looks equally low as the new JD 59" snow blower A frame mount on our 3320 & I do not anticipate any clearance problems while clearing our gravel driveway. However we do plan to remove the mount including the frame mounted PTO bearing in the spring to avoid damaging them on logs & rocks in the field.

You should also check your power steering hoses, ours were rubbing against the front PTO shaft & just needed to be tired up out of the way.

In case you didn't get JD instructions with the used blower use only grade 5 shear bolts on the auger, not grade 8.

Good luck.

DrainPondDesign said:
Hi,

Your mount looks equally low as the new JD 59" snow blower A frame mount on our 3320 & I do not anticipate any clearance problems while clearing our gravel driveway. However we do plan to remove the mount including the frame mounted PTO bearing in the spring to avoid damaging them on logs & rocks in the field.

You should also check your power steering hoses, ours were rubbing against the front PTO shaft & just needed to be tired up out of the way.

In case you didn't get JD instructions with the used blower use only grade 5 shear bolts on the auger, not grade 8.

Good luck.

The new A-frame mount on the 3320 does seem lower. It also seems like it was designed to remain on the tractor; removing this mount seems difficult at best. That's the one upside to this bracket that converts the 955 mount to my 3320; it is very easily removed in the spring. All I will need to do is remove 2 bolts and loosen 2 nuts and the 955 mount will be off. The converter bracket that we made can remain in place for the summer.

I didn't notice my power steering hoses rubbing but I will check it again now that you mention it.

I don't have the operating instructions. I wasn't planning on using Grade 8. I was going to start with Grade 2. Does the manual say to use Grade 2 or Grade 5? I ran into this problem with my rotary cutter. My RC manual says to use Grade 5 so that's what I did and it twisted my PTO shaft like a wet rag.

/ JD Front Mount 59" Snowblower Question #10  
Just wondering how the conversion went. Have need to do the same 955 to 3320 mount. Successes/problems. Pics of brackets?