3520 error code 01 help

/ 3520 error code 01 help #1  

M39976

Tractor
3720 cab, 244J
My 3520 keeps going to error code 01. I'm not on both pedals at once. This is my 3rd e-hydo and the 3520 seems way to sensitive. Is there a adjustment? Do I need to turn up the motion match?

/ 3520 error code 01 help #2  
I can't tell you what to look for as far as the error code, but there are several things I would try if my 3520 was doing this. 1) Disconnect and reconnect the battery and see if that helps clear the code. 2) Remove the black plastic cover on the underside of the travel pedals to see what is going on there. Look for dirt or loose connection or something else that might make the brain think both pedals where depressed. I've never had this cover off so I can't tell you what you will be looking at, but I assume it will be some type electrical reostat to controll hyd flow to the transmission.

If you can't find anything yourself contact a Deere dealer and ask to talk to someone in the service dept. Maybe they can tell you where to look.

As far as the sensativity:
Try some different motion match settings to see if you like them better. I went from a geared JD 870 to the JD 3520 and it takes some getting used to. The more you run it the more you will get used to how it reacts. Its just a matter of getting used to something different.

Let us know what you findout on the error code 01.

/ 3520 error code 01 help
Thanks, I'll check the pedals tonight and report. My dealer hasn't call me back yet. I was wondering if the motion match being shut off would allow it to roll too much when I change direction triggering the code.

/ 3520 error code 01 help #4  
M3, just out of curiousity I tried to get my 3520 to throw the 01 error code. By slightly depressing both travel pedals at the same time the 01 code comes up, but as soon as I release one pedal the code stops showing on the dash.

With the 01 code showing on your dash lift up on one pedal to see if it clears then try the other pedal then lift both. If that clears the code there has to be something not letting the travel pedal to return to nuetral.

Tomorrow I'm going to remove the plastic cover to see what type of mechanism and switch is on the underside of the travel pedals. Just for future reference.

/ 3520 error code 01 help #5  
Check for loose wires and connectors. I've had 2 incidents where loose wires (from the factory?) have caused me headaches. First kept throwing an error code and the second shut the machine down completely.

BILL

Fixed!

I took the cover off and everything looked good. Then I loosened the 2 bolts on the reverse pedal sensor and noticed you can move it about a half inch. I adjusted it so it opens more. Works great now.

I'm a little ticked at Deere and my dealer. (I have only 3 hrs on my 3520.) They still haven't called me back yet and were getting a snow storm tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.:)

/ 3520 error code 01 help #7  
M3, glad you were able to fix it yourself. I always try to do a fix myself,because then I will learn something about my tractor and understand the inner working better.

Did moving the reverse sensor help with what you were saying as it being to sensitive?

The problem I had was when I went from reverse to forward, 95% of the time it would set off the error code 01. After adjusting the reverse pedal sensor, the problem is totally gone. The issue started 1 hour after I took delivery and got worse by the minute. By the time I had about 4 total hours on the clock it would act up every time I used it.

JD needs some better quailty control.

I also have a short in my back work lights I need to find. If I leave the switch on with the key off, my battery dies in 1 week.(The lights are not on when the key is off.) It's a ground problem I think.

/ 3520 error code 01 help #9  
The problem is that we the consumer demand a higher and higher degree in technology for "ease of operation". Heavy construction equipment is the same. Nine time out of ten times it is an electrical problem rather than a component failure.The compact tractors are also getting that way.Just a few years ago CUT's were not so high tech, the most complicated electrical components where the safety switch for the seat and PTO.

I'm going to go tear into mine now,just to see what makes it work.

/ 3520 error code 01 help #10  
M3:

I agree with you. I think that JD needs to tighten up their Quality Control act a little, whether it's a pre-shipping check at the factory or a pre delivery check at the dealer, there is a lot of room for improvement. I have found lot's of loose bolts and clamps as well as some poorly routed & secured hoses.

I'm glad that your problem was easily solved, hope the short in the work lights proves as easy.

BILL