frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx?

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #1  

purpony

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2440/JD 3020/JD 314/JD 345/JD 850/JD 2320
I was talking to a dealer yesterday about pallet forks... he showed me the frontier pallet forks Models: AL1240F

John Deere Ag - Frontier Equipment Features for Pallet Forks

he said these would work on a 2320 with a 200cx loader. I explainned to him that i didnt see them on the JD website and he said I needed to look at the larger machines. If these are for larger machines will it fit my 200CX loader quick attach? and if so what type of weight can I lift?

I am looking to use the forks to move pallets of firewood and also to unload a pallet with a 55 gallon drum of diesel fuel (does not need to be fillted full but at least 3/4) off the rear of a pickup.......

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #2  
You might want to check the weight. Some pallet forks are very heavy and significantly reduce the capacity of the loader.

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #3  
How about you make one, I made one for a weird boom pole and it works great. You will want to use heavier wheels than I did, just some food for thought
25735Boom_Pole_Stand_in_Use-med.JPG

Jim:)

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #4  
They will mount up to your 200 series loader, the QA dimensions are the same for the 200, 300 and 400 series loaders.

Your problem will be weight. What is the max lift of your loader? And how much do the forks weight?

What do you have for ballest?

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #5  
I looked through my books and I didn't see specs on max lift for the FEL. I thought I saw it somewhere at around 750 lbs. Does anyone have the lift for that FEL?

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #6  
Take a look at these guys as an alternative - as for lift ability I have lifted to max height more than 900 lbs with a 200cx loader - I posted some pictures somewhere on this board showing that (im pretty sure I did)

Medium Duty Forks

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #7  
How much weight do you need to lift, and to what height???

Maximum Lift Capacity to full height @ 500mm in front of pivot point is 629#
Maximum Lift Capacity to full height @ pivot point is 902#

I know some people on this board do not like the "to 59" height" specs, but they may help you...

Maximum Lift Capacity to 59" height @ 500mm in front of pivot point is 827#
Maximum Lift Capacity to 59" height @ pivot point is 1,124#

Frontier AL1240F Pallet Forks & Frame
AL1240 - Pallet ForkFixed Fork For 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, Global, & 800 Series Loaders
Features:
· Tubular & Angle Frame
· Replaceable Fixed Pallet Forks
· Handles Pallatized Products
Specifications:
· Pallet forks 42" or 48" in length: (2)1.38"x4.72" (200,300,400 & 500 Series Loaders)
· Load Rating: 3750 lbs. (200,300,400 & 500 Series Loaders)
· Operational weight: 380 or 395 lbs (200,300,400 & 500 Series Loaders)

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #8  
I wouldn't mind having forks. What do they run?

I know my book says you shouldn't do round bales with the 200CX. I think they come in about 900#. They may nix it because of the size of the bales. My friend has a few on my front field, maybe I'll see how easy it is to push them around.

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #9  
The 200cx will bt handle a 900# bale. It might pick it up a little but, but would more than likely tip the tractor over when moving the bale. It's one thing picking up a heavy load of stones that are contained in the bucket. It's much more stable if contained in the bucket, but a large round bale sticking out in front of the machine would be trouble waiting to happen.

/ frontier pallet forks for 2320/200cx? #10  
The biggest risk (seriously) with the round bales is that the bale can easily ROLL BACKWARDS (if you hit a rut with a rear tire, for example), and run right over you in the cab. Do not try this, please.

JD emphasizes everywhere that the SAFE way to handle round bales is to:

- Use a tractor of (more than) sufficient capacity

- have sufficient ballast on the tractor

- Use ONY a bale spear, and actually preferably one that also includes the two LOWER "forks" that help to stabilize the bale.

Another problem that JD and others point out besides the "rolling backwards" problem is visibility. It's hard to see the ruts coming with that bale restricting your view.

The pallet forks are NOT designed for this mission (unless you possibly have them on a LARGE enough tractor, and actually skewer them right into the bale, simulating the improved control of a bale spear.

I have those Frontier forks, and they are great, but you really have to have a good concept of center of gravity, stability, and 3-dimensional control when using them.

In addition, you will find the the forsk themselves are labeled with a tag that says something like 3800 lb. capacity. Folks that don't understand tractors and center of gravity assume this means 3800 lb. on any tractor! Of course it does not: it actually means the FORKS can take UP TO 3800 lb. IF the rest of the tractor is ALSO up to the job!!

Jim G