Rear Work Light

/ Rear Work Light #1  

MikeyB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320
I have a relatively new 3320 and would like to have a rear work light. I have seen quite a few threads with owners adding their own light and wiring but I am curious if the wiring harness is already installed? I notice quite a few capped harness plugs on the rear of the tractor. Are any of these wiring for a light that I could install? Of course, a switch to operate the light without turning on the rest of them is a different story. Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Mike

/ Rear Work Light #2  
I can't speak for the 3320 but I added a light to my 790 and the harness was there. It was under the seat and it is controlled by my main light switch. Check your manual, the shop manual or wait for someone with a 3320 to chime in. Good chance it is all there for you.

/ Rear Work Light #3  
I would say the wires are already there. If you go to deere.com and look in the parts for the 3320 it shows ther rear work light. With it is a short wire harness. Finding the correct harness will be the trick. There will be several different harnesses back there. One will be for a back-up alarm.

/ Rear Work Light #4  
I have the cab mounted 3320, I don't know about the non-cab. Mine was pre-wired and just needed to be mounted, plus it uses another rocker switch connected thru the harness to turn it off and on when the lights are on. The why to that question I still don't understand. Deere hooked mine up for around $100 including the lights.

/ Rear Work Light #5  
I hooked mine up on a 4410 (the predecessor to the 3320). The wiring was all there for me, and was color coded. About a 10 minute install. It is, however switched with the headlights. I haven't found that to be a problem.

/ Rear Work Light #6  
The JD rear work light is $39 and you can install it in about 5 minutes. It comes with the wiring harness already attached. The housing is rubber coated, the light is very bright and it has a tension adjustment where you can reach back and grab it and tilt it as needed. It stays where you leave it tilted. They come on with the headlights. I bought two, one for each fender. I could have rigged up some generic lights and done some wire splicing and probably saved $15 per light. To me, time is money and these were professional lights that installed in 5 minutes using only a socket set and one wrench.

My son-in-law worked one night from about 11PM until 3AM running the backhoe. The lighting was great. He had just got off work and was still full of energy. When I got up the next morning, a half day of work was done.

/ Rear Work Light
Thanks for the reply guys. My dealer had one in stock so I will be installing it this weekend. Next question is, where did you install yours? Some put it on the fender(s), anywhere else you would suggest? Dealer says on the (in)side of the rops, level with the turn signal flashers.

Regards,
Mike

/ Rear Work Light #8  
Each of my fenders had a hole for the light already so I had my pick. I chose the left fender as I normally look over my right shoulder when looking to the rear. Nice sidelighting effect to my work!

/ Rear Work Light #9  
Look for a hole in each fender behind the turn signal. If it is there, installation will take 5 mintes. There should be no need to drill the ROPS.

I will bet you will go buy the second one after you see the first one installed.

/ Rear Work Light #10  
MikeyB said:
... Dealer says on the (in)side of the rops, level with the turn signal flashers.

That's where the instructions will say to put it and where the wiring harness will be easily accessible. Same bolts that hold the turn signal on will hold the rear work light.