Canopy 3320 Canopy

/ 3320 Canopy #1  

Kahuna

Silver Member
I have a 3320 and am considering the canopy but do not know if it is worth the $400 plus price tag. I can get the JD canvas umbrella for $100 which seems a better deal. Checking to see if there are any opinions out there, looking mainly for shade in the summer. I am tall, so getting on and off is also a consideration.

/ 3320 Canopy #2  
I'm cheap--- went with the umbrella. The shade it makes is just as good as the shade from a fiberglass "board". ;)

/ 3320 Canopy #3  
I went with this canopy. It is inexpensive and work great.
Index

Last edited:
   / 3320 Canopy #4  
Hi:

I went with the Canopy on my 3320 and have been more than pleased and it was well worth the $$$.

Sorry I don't have a pic but I'm sure you can find a pic on the JD website.

It's very heavy fiberglass, non ridged at the top. The frame is very heavy steel.
The top is also deep and has two great places to mount front work lights (I had the dealer do just that). If you do this it's a great spot that won't blind you like the brush mount lights. Also I have night visibility of the bucket at full lift which is pretty cool. It's very rugged. I've hit many a branch with no damage at all except maybe readjusting my lights. I have a much lighter 'cool cap' for my 2305 that I like too but is not made nearly as heavy (No way I could mount lights on it) and was actually more $$ I think, I'm not sure that I'd buy that one again.

I have not tried folding the ROPS with the Canopy on it. It will fold but I suspect it'll be quite heavy folding it back.

I'd spend the $400 over again in a heartbeat.

/ 3320 Canopy #5  
I purchased the Deere canopy with my 4120 and love it. I too have clipped many a tree with it with hardly a scratch.
I've folded it back a couple of times which looks totally ridiculous, and also unbolted the canopy while leaving the mounts on the ROPS.

Although I originally balked at the price, I'm VERY happy that I got it. Do it again in a heartbeat.

Jon

Attachments

• Picture 624.jpg
    Picture 624.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 1,480
   / 3320 Canopy
This question is for Orlo:

Are there mounting holes for the extra lights or do you have to drill? Is there a place to plug in the wires and do the canopy lights work off your regular light switch? Does the canopy restrict your movements or did you notice any hindrence in getting on or off the tractor? Sorry for all the questions.

Kahuna

/ 3320 Canopy
This question is for NoMo:

Did you get the regular John Deere umbrella and how does it mount. Is it easy to remove (which may be a concern if mowing under trees).

/ 3320 Canopy #8  
Orlo. how much higher do the lights stick up above the canopy. Im thinking of doing the same on my 5103 and fixing to get started on the shed and whant to make sure the roof is high enough. jb

/ 3320 Canopy #9  
Kahuna said:
This question is for NoMo:

Did you get the regular John Deere umbrella and how does it mount. Is it easy to remove (which may be a concern if mowing under trees).
My umbrella is the Snowco 54" ROPS model. Their website (Snowco) is pretty lame when it comes to pictures, but it does have a little info. Bought it for just under $100 at a local ag supply store.

The mount clamps (no drilling) onto the ROPS then the umbrella is just pinned into the mount. Very easy to remove the umbrella portion- the mounting arm stays on the tractor and can withstand some pretty good forces from limbs.

/ 3320 Canopy #10  
Hi:

The mounting holes weren't in the canopy but if you look at the picture posted on the 4x20 series you'll see a flat spot where reflectors are on it. The dealer used some metal plates (like big washers) and drilled and mounted the lights there. The lights are at a 90 degree angle to the stud Which is vertical hanging down. They look like they hang basically off the front 'lid' but are way out front. This way they are protected by the canopy (on top they'd get creamed). The canopy came with no harness so they just extended the one that came with the lights and put a separate light switch in my switch console. I have rear lights mounted on the ROPS that just run off the main light switch (I bought a separate switch and will hook them up to that).

Note that none of this extra stuff came with the canopy, just that the canopy had a great spot to mount it.

I have no problem at all with the canopy but I am only 5'6. The lights are so far out front that as long as your careful you won't hit them. If you wanted to you could but probably not unless you were way forward (refueling maybe). Note that on the 2305 with the Kool Cap (not as high) I have on rare occassion banged my noggin when refueling standing on the floor. There is however
NOT enough clearance under the canopy to mount the lights under it, you would hit your head on them. But outside out front they work great.

The Canopy is pretty high so I doubt you'd ever hit your head or anything. If you stand up on the floor of the tractor and deliberately wanted to run your head into it I suppose you could.

I hope I got all your questions. I don't have a pic of it with the lights but if I can get one I'll post it but it won't be soon.

John D: The way they are mounted they actually hang down. I could have mounted them up but I figured they have a lot more protection under when I smack under branches.