New Battery for 3320

/ New Battery for 3320 #11  
I want one too. Does anyone have numbers and pricing?

/ New Battery for 3320
As my original post noted this replacement was done by the dealer who sold the 3320 to me. As soon as they realized my battery was leaking they came and picked up the tractor and fixed it. They replaced several parts as well as cleaned everything in the area. Even though I offered to help, everything was done at their expense. I think they replaced a couple more last summer or fall. Since they did it all I do not have any information regarding part numbers or costs. Once again THANKS to this site and and the member's posts alerting me to this possibility.
Tim

/ New Battery for 3320 #13  
I'm going to my John Deere dealer first thing Monday morning to find out more about this battery and in particular part nos and price.

/ New Battery for 3320 #14  
Visited my John Deere dealer this morning. At present there is only one size of the Spiral Engergy battery offered. It is a group 34/78 which is larger than the group 22NF found in the 3x20 CUT.

The 34/78 has a part number of SWORB78DT84 ( top and side posts - 700CCA ) or SWORB34DC-36 ( top posts only - 750CCA ). I was quoted a list price of $133.65 plus $5 core. The dimensions of the battery are 10 13/16" x 6 13/16" x 8 1/8"H

In looking at the pictures submitted by Tim, it shows some of the extra fabrication required to mount this larger battery. Mainly the hold down bracket mounted across the top front edge of the battery and the hold down bolts angled backed on each side. The only thing that is not clear in the pictures is whether anything had to be done to the tray itself. The battery tray on my 3120 measures only 5 1/2" from front lip to rear lip, but maybe that's all that's needed for the base of this larger battery? Tim can you tell if the battery sits between both these lips? Your picture clearly shows the front lip but can't see what's happening at the rear.

/ New Battery for 3320 #15  
Good info Hankus - thank you

at least with those dimensions we can probably find an Optima solution as well that fits the 34/78. But of course on the 2520 and others it now uses the 22NF which I will post dimensions later..

did a quick search for 22NF on this site - not sure if these would work

- BatteryMart.com?

/ New Battery for 3320 #16  
Hey guys, upon closer observation of the images, the battery tray is clearly different. As everyone can see, the parts are not the same as they were swapped out due to corrosion. They weren't just cleaned and painted, they are clearly new. The original tray was square at the corners, the new one is not. There is also room for the battery mat below the battery so clearly, the tray is larger too. The battery hold down plate on the top edge of the battery is not fabricated. As a matter of fact, it appears that it still has the part number label affixed to it. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the dealer installing parts intended for a tractor other than the 3x20 series, or that there are updated replacement parts available for the 3x30.

/ New Battery for 3320 #17  
Looks like the dealer didn't try to peel off the part number decals, so we can probably figure out what these are. The battery strap on top has a part number that starts with "M", and they are usually for Horicon-built products. I can't make out the complete number though. I see part number tags on the threaded rods too. I bet that under the battery is a sticker with the part number of the tray.

/ New Battery for 3320 #18  
If the dealer did change the battery tray, he sure went through a lot of work. The tray on my 3120 is welded to the bottom plate beneath it which also supports the radiator. Did he remove the radiator too? Also the hood latch is part of the battery tray assembley, so if they did use another model, they were awfully lucky to have all the same dimensions going for them with regard matching it up to the 3320 hood.

/ New Battery for 3320 #20  
hankus said:
If the dealer did change the battery tray, he sure went through a lot of work. The tray on my 3120 is welded to the bottom plate beneath it which also supports the radiator. Did he remove the radiator too? Also the hood latch is part of the battery tray assembley, so if they did use another model, they were awfully lucky to have all the same dimensions going for them with regard matching it up to the 3320 hood.

Well, actually, the hood latch is new as well, see the "new" hood latch rod with new part number label still attached? Original was very corroded and no label. Come to think of it, I noticed that the radiator looked new too but I simply presumed that the dealer repainted it to look like new -- who knows?? Maybe everything is brand new. It sure looks like it. Perhaps the battery leak did more damage than appears in the pictures and corroded everything necessitating replacement?? I recall on previous posts where the larger 4x series JD tractors seem to have had big problems with batteries causing radiator leaks due to battery.