Horn - Honk Honk ?

/ Horn - Honk Honk ? #1  

gvw

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4700
Has anyone put a decent horn or any horn at all on their machine? I think that this would be a very viable and usefull addition. I am definately going to do something and am looking for ideas and experience.

/ Horn - Honk Honk ? #2  
I put warning beepers, the backup alarm type, on my L4310HST. I put one of them on the front, on the loader grill guard, and one on the rear beside the fender. I hooked them up to an On-Off-On toggle switch - flip the switch forward and the front one came on, to the rear for the rear one. Full details, with pictures, are in the "L4310 enhancements" thread in "Customization". If you need any more info, let me know. Horns would be different, in that you would need a relay for each horn (though maybe you'd only want one, or only one relay and switch which would blow both front and rear at the same time), and a momentary contact switch instead of toggle type.

My EF-5 has horns front and rear with a pushbutton on the shuttle shift lever and a pushbutton one on the rear backhoe control panel. I can take pictures of it, if you want, but I don't know if it would be very useful to you. You make the call.

/ Horn - Honk Honk ?
I'm really thinking about an automotive type or even small air horn with a button on the dash. This will let me move the critters, neighbors, and notify the wife that the coffee mug is empty (just kidding). But a horn would be a great addition in my humble mountain boy opinion.

/ Horn - Honk Honk ? #4  
My Long Landtrac came standard with a horn and turn signals. Pretty handy when the dog is walking around and I have to get its attention to get out of the way.

Ed King

/ Horn - Honk Honk ? #5  
I PUT A HORN OFF OF A VW BUG ON MY KUBOTA BX 2200. USE IT ALL THE TIME. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS I PUT THE HORN SWITCH TO LOW ON THE DASH AND MY KNEE HITS IT WHEN I USE REAR BLADE AM GOING TO MOVE IT UP HIGHER.