What is included in the Gator deluxe cab?

/ What is included in the Gator deluxe cab? #1  

gordon21

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 790
I am trying to get my order list ready to order my XUV. I want to make sure I don't miss anything and have to go back to the dealer for stuff I thought was included but isn't.

Does the deluxe cab/canopy (part BM 21946) come with:

The overhead switch panel with four empty holes for switches?
An overhead light?
Wiring kit VGB10505?
Seat belt comfort system BM 22076

I know these items are NOT included.

VGB10508 Set of two work lights for the front
VGB10509 One rear work light exactly like the front ones
From the parts diagram, they look like the switches install in the switch panel mentioned above.

In the switch panel, one switch would control the beacon and one control the rear light. Does one switch control both front lights? Is the fourth switch for the overhead light?

/ What is included in the Gator deluxe cab? #2  
gordon,

Note: Some or all of the code numbers may change when the Order Codes for the new XUV are released on February 26th. Keep that in mind!

The overhead panel IS included with the Deluxe Cab. The Electrical Kit (VGB10505) is NOT included and is REQUIRED to install ANY and ALL electrical accessories. The Interior Light Kit (VGB10539) is NOT included. The OPS Comfort Relief System (BM22076) was designed for the "OPS" (Operator Protection System) which is the standard ROPS structure included with all HPX and XUV Gators. I do not know if it will fit the Deluxe Cab System.

If you are not planning to outfit your XUV with the Cargo Box Power Lift Kit, you MUST install the Remote Cargo Box Release Kit (VGB10507) or you will be unable to easily raise your cargo box. Take my word on this one! :eek: Take a look at the Visor Kit (BM21646) as well. If you ever decide to enclose your new XUV with the Glass Windshield and Glass or Soft Door Kits, you may want to also add the Noise Reduction Kit. (VGB10516) Kit includes assembled air cleaner cover, two foam pads, and vinyl cover. The noise reduction kit is designed to lower the engine intake noise when a Gator is equipped with a Deluxe Cab Frame. The kit allows the remote air intake filter to move outside of the enclosure. The kit parts permit easy access to the air filter for service. The air cleaner cover replaces the right side closeout panel included with both the Glass Door Kit and the Soft Door Kit for the Gator HPX. The battery compartment is covered by the two foam pads which dampen the intake noise and vibrations. The vinyl cover completes the closeout between the new air cleaner cover and vehicle frame. I only mention this because not many people are familiar with it.

If it is available on the XUV, the Heavy Duty Front Strut Kit may also be of interest to you... Two heavy-duty front struts with higher strength springs replace the standard components: Strongly recommended when a Gator HPX is equipped with a 72-in. Front Blade or 72-in. V-Blade; will help maintain the lift height of the blade as well as improve ride and handling. Recommended when a Gator HPX is equipped with a Deluxe Canopy and the Hard Door Kit. For any vehicle configuration in which the operator experiences frequent strikethrough or bottoming-out of the front struts, the Heavy-Duty Front Strut Kit will help reduce or eliminate the occurrence. The XUV has a different front suspension then the HPX, so this kit may not be needed. Again, until the Order Codes come out on February 26th...

Depending on the number of electrical accessories you plan to install, I would highly recommend that you order the High Capacity Alternator Kit. The XUV comes standard with a 25.5 amp alternator (the standard HPX alternator is 21 amp) but you may still need the additional power output of the High Capacity. These are the specs on the High Capacity Kit for the HPX, it should be similar for the XUV. High-capacity alternator kits are available for the HPX and HPX 4x4. Provides additional amperage output required when operating certain electrical attachments at low idle for long periods of time. At high idle, kit will provide up to 60 additional amps for a cumulative output of 82 amps when combined with the vehicle's existing output. At low idle, the output is approximately an additional 22 amps. Once again, until the Order Codes come out...

As far as the switches go, they do install into the overhead panel and one switch would control both of the front lights that are included in the Front Work Light Kit. I have included some pictures below for your viewing pleasure!

Attachments

• Trail XUV.jpg
    Trail XUV.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Deluxe Cab.jpg
    Deluxe Cab.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 611
  • Deluxe Cab 2.jpg
    Deluxe Cab 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Front Work Lights.jpg
    Front Work Lights.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 357
  • OPS Comfort.jpg
    OPS Comfort.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Overhead Visor.jpg
    Overhead Visor.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 432
   / What is included in the Gator deluxe cab?
Thanks for the pix. The last one is exactly what I wanted to see. No dealer in my area has had a deluxe cab frame in months for me to look at. I saw one last summer and it had all the glass on it. I didn't pay attention to the light panel at the time.

/ What is included in the Gator deluxe cab? #4  
gordon,

Glad I was of some help... Don't forget about the pictures once you get it home!!!

/ What is included in the Gator deluxe cab? #5  
Once I got my cabbed HPX, I wished I had gotten the mirrors too. I think I asked the saleman to get me some, since parts don't seem to want to get them for me. So far I'm waiting.