Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I have a question about the SCV on my John Deere 2305. When I use my front end loader the down travel with the SCV in the float position is good but when I change to my 54" front blade the down travel in the float position is very-very slow due to the weight difference between the loader and blade. My question is, is there an adjustment I can make to the SCV that will compensate for the weight differences between the loader and blade that would be similar to the knob used for the three-point rear hitch drop speed?

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment #2  
How about just use power down until the blade touches, then put it in float?

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment
That is what I am doing but it would be real nice if it was adjustable or dropped faster on its own.

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment #4  
I hear what you are saying but there is no adjustment for that. I think the hydraulics on the 2305 missed the boat as far as improvement goes compared to my old x495. The x495 was way faster and the mower deck didn't leak down after raising for transport.

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment #5  
Hello the scv does not controll the rate of drop. The green line from the the lift cylinder some times has a floating orifice at the male quick coupler (a restriction by a washer with a small hole in it). if so you can get some small drill bits slowly increase the size of the hole until it drops at the rate you like but don't go to big. Becouse if you put blower or a broom on it it will slam down.

/ Selective Control Valve (SCV) on my 2305 any adjustment
are you refering to the green hose end coming from the lift cylinder? This line stays with the blade so if its in the male end by the svc that would be great but if its part of the svc opening the hole in the washer a little bigger would mess up the FEL speed even though it needs to move bit faster too.