Tractor
    John Deere 2305 w/R4's, ROPS rear and front lights
    JD 3120 - eHydro, R4 tires, 300X FEL w/62" bucket, 48" Pallet Forks & bale spear (from Palletforks.com), Frontier 2060bb,72" rear blade, Farm Pride 3 pt snowblower 50", JD 655 tiller, Frontier 3pt Spreader, Ballast Box & i-Match.... Hustler Super Z zero turn w/72" mower & Kawasaki (LOVE this machine)

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 445

Default Re: JD 2520 & 2305 side by side pics

Shawk,
    Nice looking tractors you have
    what's up how you end up with 2 units,2520 too big??
    I was looking for a 2520 in the spring,

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by fireplum
    Shawk,
    Nice looking tractors you have
    what's up how you end up with 2 units,2520 too big??
    I was looking for a 2520 in the spring,
    Yeah, I suppose... Both tractors are overkill for what I really need... so I'm going to unload the 2520. To big though, hmmm.... The 2520 is nearly as manueverable as my old 425. Less money would be more accurate
    JD 3120 - eHydro, R4 tires, 300X FEL w/62" bucket, 48" Pallet Forks & bale spear (from Palletforks.com), Frontier 2060bb,72" rear blade, Farm Pride 3 pt snowblower 50", JD 655 tiller, Frontier 3pt Spreader, Ballast Box & i-Match.... Hustler Super Z zero turn w/72" mower & Kawasaki (LOVE this machine)

Tractor
    International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader

Someone on this site actually bought a tractor that's to big!! What's this world coming to. I think they both look great.

Tractor
    JD 790

You really only need ONE tractor. Take both to the dealer and get one BIGGER tractor. Your garage looks like it will hold a 790 without problems. Plus you get to keep all the attachments you have now. You could probably trade in both and come home with a pile of cash.
    Lewis Gordon

JD 790, 300 FEL, 5' KK rotary mower, 5' boxscraper, Huskee 3PT logsplitter, JD#39N sickle mower and a Jinma 6" chipper in JD colors.

My XUV gas Gator wants a brother !!!!!!!! (the diesel kind)

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Oleozz
    Someone on this site actually bought a tractor that's to big!! What's this world coming to. I think they both look great.
    If I had never found the tractor sites... it would have never happened.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by gordon21
    You really only need ONE tractor. Take both to the dealer and get one BIGGER tractor. Your garage looks like it will hold a 790 without problems. Plus you get to keep all the attachments you have now. You could probably trade in both and come home with a pile of cash.

.... hmm... I think the only one that would have a "pile of cash" would be my dealer when he sold both after giving me nothing for them on trade (can't blame him though, he's gotta make a living too). I'd rather have 2 tractors sitting in my garage for a while than try to trade a 2 for 1 stepping down. The 790 looks like a phenomenal tractor.... I even checked them out a bit. But for my needs I would definitely keep my 2520 if I wanted a bigger unit than my 2305. LOVE your profile pic & your machine... the backhoe is the pinnacle of toys/tools IMO...

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by Shawk
    .... hmm... I think the only one that would have a "pile of cash" would be my dealer when he sold both after giving me nothing for them on trade (can't blame him though, he's gotta make a living too). I'd rather have 2 tractors sitting in my garage for a while than try to trade a 2 for 1 stepping down. The 790 looks like a phenomenal tractor.... I even checked them out a bit. But for my needs I would definitely keep my 2520 if I wanted a bigger unit than my 2305. LOVE your profile pic & your machine... the backhoe is the pinnacle of toys/tools IMO...

I agree about the backhoe. Cant wait to get to use mine. Any operating tips GORDON?? I have ran several CASE 580 series backhoes, but never a 2 stick JD.
    John

John Deere 3320 - 72D Auto Connect deck

Acts 2:38

Tractor
    JD 2355, JD 3720,JD 855, JD LX280

Quote Originally Posted by KB9UDE
    I agree about the backhoe. Cant wait to get to use mine. Any operating tips GORDON?? I have ran several CASE 580 series backhoes, but never a 2 stick JD.
    No sweat after a 580. Just practice with the throttle at idle so it moves slower. Remember the boom will hit the stabilizers if asked to. Boom swing movements are smoother if the dipper is contracted (smaller moment arm).
    JD2355,JD3720w/447BH,JD855w/7BH,JDLX280,...

Tractor
    JD 790

This is how I explained the backhoe operation to two college kids doing work for me on weekends. One had lots of experience on a tractor, FEL and 3PT attachments.

It has only TWO joysticks and no BUTTONS. The backhoe movement is logical compared to the joystick movement (and labeled). A modern video game controller may have up to 8 buttons that are NOT intuitive. Go figure it out.
    I then show the second kid the danger zone which is basically a 220 degree arc at the back.

It took the tractor kid about 10 minutes and he was OK. The other one continued to do the grunt work.

I will admit I was nervous when I first sat up in that seat. I wondered if I just spent almost $7k on something I might not be able to run. The rule of thumb on operating a backhoe goes like this.

Add your belt and chest sizes together. If your IQ is more than that number, you are good to go.
    Lewis Gordon

JD 790, 300 FEL, 5' KK rotary mower, 5' boxscraper, Huskee 3PT logsplitter, JD#39N sickle mower and a Jinma 6" chipper in JD colors.

My XUV gas Gator wants a brother !!!!!!!! (the diesel kind)