3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question

/ 3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I just purchased a 3320 with vertical exhaust. If I were to load on a trailer and tow up to 65mph would I need to remove the top portion of the exhaust pipe or would it stay on ok at that speed?? :confused: :confused:

It slips down over the lower portion, and is removable in order to lift hood for service.

John

/ 3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question #2  
I have the same vertical exhaust on my 3720 Cab Tractor, and it has been trailored several times. It doesn't move, unless for some reason yours feels loose or something. But mine goes on very tight and is well seated, so unless it feels loose I wouldn't worry about it.

/ 3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question #3  
I also trailer mine and never considered removing it.

/ 3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question #4  
KB9UDE said:
I just purchased a 3320 with vertical exhaust. If I were to load on a trailer and tow up to 65mph would I need to remove the top portion of the exhaust pipe or would it stay on ok at that speed?? :confused: :confused:

It slips down over the lower portion, and is removable in order to lift hood for service.

John
I drive my John Deere 3120 all over to jobs and and to pick attachments and never had a problem with the Exhaust loosen up or fall off and some of the road around by me here in ashland wisconsin are not real flat.Now I know that is not going 65 mph but I would just leave it on.

matthew3120

/ 3x20 4x20 series vertical exhaust question
OK Guys thanks. I trailered the tractor 40 miles this morning with the exhaust on and had no problems.