National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere"

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #1  

midmodan

Tractor
JD 2520
Ran across it this Sunday evening. Story follows combines being built and used. Still interesting. Direct TV 276 NGC.

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #2  
Was the entire program about the Deere factory, or were there other factories on the same show? The reason I ask is that upcoming episodes are Harley-Davidson, Peterbilt, Ferrari and a few others I can't remember - but no mention of Deere... :(

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #3  
This show was about the harvester works in Moline. I have taken the plant and tour twice and the show was very good. They would show a bit of the plant, give a little history on John Deere then they following a custom harvest crew so you could see the combines in action. They mostly jumped back and forth between the manufacturing and harvet crew. I thought it was entertaining. Among other things, they showed the steel being stamped out, forming and welding the rotor, assembling the different combine componets, painting, installing the engine and cab and building a grain platform.

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #4  
My brother has been to that plant, he sells e-coat equipment, he thinks they have the largest paint vat anywhere.

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #5  
I ran into this show last night channel surfing, very interesting. You would never believe how much technology John Deere puts into there products. I really loved the torcher testing.

Malvern

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #6  
midmodan said:
Ran across it this Sunday evening. Story follows combines being built and used. Still interesting. Direct TV 276 NGC.

Was this Discovery channel? I'd like to see it if my cable provider has the channel but 276 NGC doesn't mean anything I can understand.

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #7  
papafoxtrot,

Yes, this was The Discovery Channel.

Malvern

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere" #8  
Malvern said:
papafoxtrot,

Yes, this was The Discovery Channel.

Malvern

Thanks Malvern,

I'll keep an eye out for it.

/ National Geographic Ultimate Factories "John Deere"