Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #1  

Nuru

Elite Member
Everyone, I was plowing my 5th of 11 driveways today and my plow fell off (lost a pin). Well after I quickly repaired the pin, I noticed at the 7th of 11 driveways,, that my tach and hourmeter were not working. Is this a blown fuse or...?
Any tips/hints/advice?

Nuru

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #2  
Nuru, I don't know anything about your tractor, but if it should be similar to my Kubota, I'd expect that the drive cable either broke or came loose at one end or the other. Kind of like a speedometer cable on a car. At least I'd hope it was the cable instead of stripping any gears or something like that./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #3  
Remember you're under warranty yet!

It seems odd they should both die...unless they're electronic and the hour meter runs off the tachometer.

Bird's thoughts of a cable going bad or adrift could be valid, but the tach shouldn't be running off a cable...not like a speedometer cable anyway.

I'll wager you've got a bad instruments group. Kinda sucks, but most things that are going to break (other then due to high usage) break in the first ninety days.

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #4  
<font color=blue>Bird's thoughts of a cable going bad or adrift could be valid, but the tach shouldn't be running off a cable...not like a speedometer cable anyway.</font color=blue>

In the tech manual of my 4300, it says the hour meter runs off the same circuit as the tach, and has no independent wiring of its own. Don't know if that helps, but..

Bob

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working
Bob, I was thinking that it was either a fuse or a wire got pulled when the plow came loose. I went out in the garage to take a look but there was no wires hanging loose. Guess it is time to call the dealer and have him send me a unit.

Nuru

Probably no cable like the speedo, but it is electronic from what I can tell.

Yes, it definitely is under warranty, I will call my dealer and call deere and see what I should do to isolate the problem. Then I want either of them to send me the parts to fix and I will do it.

nuru

I gotta get a tech manual for my 4100!

Nuru

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #9  
Nuru, I told you I didn't know about that Deere; just my Kubota./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Hour Meter and Tach Stopped working #10  
Bird, your right about it being a cable drive.

DFB