I-Match or other?

/ I-Match or other? #1  

MikeyB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320
I was at my local JD dealer today and saw a Landpride quick-tach system like the i-match. Got to talking with my sales guy and he said they don't even stock the i-match since it only works with JD implements. Supposedly the Landpride will work with all... I would much rather have one to use with all my implements and not have to only own the JD brands. Any info or comments?

Mike

/ I-Match or other? #2  
The salesman was partially correct and partially incorrect. I have the i-match and it is great with the implements I have which fit it. It works with, of course, my Frontier rotary cutter, but it also works with my Land Pride box blade. It does NOT work with any of my King Kutter implements. Nor does it work with my Speeco log splitter. I'm very dissapointed with the lack of uniformity in cat. 1 implements. I don't see how the Land Pride quick hitch could be any better, unless it can be adjusted to accomodate the different attachments. I know nothing about any quick hitches except the i-match, so if any of the others are adjustable, I simply was not aware of it.

/ I-Match or other? #3  
Both the Speeco and LandPride have a vertical adjustment for the top pin engagement position. The Deere IMatch does not have that adjustment.

/ I-Match or other? #4  
MikeyB,
If the implement meets the SAE Stds then the I-Match will fit. Unfortunately not many mfr's take the effort to follow the standards ... so quick 3 point hitch devices such as the I-Match will not work with their product. Nor will many others without adaptation! Sure glad they at least follow the Cat Hook Up Pin szes though ... here they are ... Speeco
Leo

/ I-Match or other? #5  
I've got a speedco on one of my tractors, it works well. However, I put Pat's quick attach system (Cat II) on my other tractor and it works a lot better. I use a hydralic top link on that one and I can hook up to anything. I prefer Pat's to any of the frame-type quick attach systems.

/ I-Match or other? #6  
I have an I-Match from Deere and use it with my KK implements.

Yes, some implements don't want to work without modification, but the BB and tiller worked without a problem.

I don't want to get into a war about which is the best quick hitch. Just saying that find the one that works for you and it is much better than nothing at all.

/ I-Match or other? #7  
I wish I would have known Landpride and Speeco quick hitches were adjustable before I spent the money on the i-match, but I guess you live and learn...

/ I-Match or other? #8  
I have an I-match quick hitch which doesn't much fit anything I own yet! Either way all implements require being adjusted to fit a quick hitches. An adjustable quick hitch that requires adjusting prior use how is that a quick to use hitch? To myself a quick hitch does not require getting off the machine just reaching back to secure the implement.