Backhoe Backhoe for 755, still made?

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #1  

kude

Gold Member
I have a 1993 755. I always wanted a backhoe, but at this point in time, does Deere make a backhoe that could be used, or does someone else or do I have to buy used? Thanks.

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #2  
I do not have any info on a Deere backhoe for the 755, but I think that BUSH HOG makes an aftermarket hoe that would fit. Not sure if it would be a subframe mount or 3 point hitch mount.

Contact your local dealer for more info. You might find a used factory hoe, but I don't know which model would fit the x55 series. That was a very nice tractor lineup in the day.:)

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #3  
The correct backhoe for that tractor in its day was the No. 7 BH. Maybe your dealer could check the Deere Intranet to see if one is available somewhere.

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #4  
Yes, the 7 backhoe is what you want and is still available, new. At least that is what my salesman mentioned to me last summer.

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #5  
Yes the #7 backhoe is still made and it's probably because it fits on the 790 gear drive tractor still being sold. However, I think the 755 uses a different subframe than the 790 and you'll also need the right power-beyond kit to tap into your 755's hydraulics (if you don't already have that). You should check out the attachment build and price link on Deere's website. I was at least able to price the whole package out last year, before I sold my 755. Just be sure you're sitting down when you look at total package price! In fairness any of the aftermarket ones won't be much cheaper. Good luck in your search.

/ Backhoe for 755, still made?
Thanks all for the information. I came up with $7700 for everything needed. I'll have to think about that for awhile.

It's nice it's still an option.

/ Backhoe for 755, still made? #7  
I think the JD 7 hoe is too big for the 755. I use a 7.5-ft hoe
on my 955, which weighs more than 200 lb more than the 755, and
the low weight of the tractor limits digging effectiveness. The hoe
easily drags my tractor around. My suggestion would be to go with
another brand of hoe and use a 6 or 6.5-ft unit. Some of the
larger vendors like Woods may have a subframe for the 755. Their
hoe is the GB6500.