Snowblower

/ Snowblower #11  
BleedGreen said:
classic,

Check out Skid Steer Attachments / Compact Tractor Attachments / Snow Removal Equipment - Erskine Attachments, Inc. I have yet to use them, but have a customer looking for a 3pt "pull" snowblower - you use it driving forward, not backwards... Anyway, they show a 60" front mounted snowblower (model 601-FM) for 20hp CUT's. Let us know what you find out, if you don't mind.
I like the looks of their front mount blowers, even more so since they have a 60" size.

I have been debating on a blower for my tractor, one of this size may have tipped the scales for me.

/ Snowblower #12  
I've got the Erskine RP 601 on my 4320. The blower is 60" wide and the tractor is 64" wide. I really should have upgraded to the larger rear pull, but I got a good deal and I didn't want to pass it up. It works great. I would definitely recommend it over Erskine's front mount, it's too complicated. I'm not sure about the price either. I'm sure it's pretty high considering all the drive components. The nice part about the rear pull is that you can keep the laoder on. I'm blown up to 24" with the machine so far and it has no problem going through the snow before blowing it away. The weight of the blower completely scrapes away the compacted snow too.

/ Snowblower #13  
Quote for a new 601-fm (front mount) from an Erskine dealer was $3895.00.

/ Snowblower
I have the 4110 now but am looking to update to the 2320. Same problem exists. 47" is just not wide enough. You can't narrow the wheels on the 4110

/ Snowblower #15  
YASH2520 said:
Quote for a new 601-fm (front mount) from an Erskine dealer was $3895.00.

For my John Deere 4720 with ComfortCab
I have input from my local John Deere, for the sake of knowledge...

"Price includes hauling and installing. You will need ballast box on back for counter weight which I included. They are telling me 5-6 weeks to build."

ERSKINE 721-FM SNOW BLOWER
Total
Equipment $ 8,495.00
Subtotal $ 8,495.00
State Tax $ 509.70
Total $ 9,004.70

ERSKINE 601-FM: as setup like above: $7500.

ERSKINE: Rear Pull 60": $5200.

ERSKINE Rear Pull 78": $5800.

Does anyone have any further recommendations or advice?

Thanks,
Steve

/ Snowblower #16  
keeney said:
Back when we used to actually get a lot of snow here in MN, i would setup my 4100 with the 47 blower with the wheels in the narrrow position and it was fine (turfs are slightly under 48" wide in narrow position). Nowdays, with the light snow we get, I just use the front plow instead.

Another option would be to add some angled "wings" to the sides of the 47 to sweep a slightly wider path.

In terms of adapting something to the front that is wider, a Deere 59" might be the best starting place. Although the mounting scheme is all different (you would have to have a custom mount adapter and perhaps driveshaft(s)fabricated), the PTO rotation and speed should be the same, so no gearing changes required.
That 4110 might not have enough power to spin the bigger blower in full-depth, heavy wet snow at full speed, but you can always slow down to match the tractor power.

- Rick

Greetings Keeney...
My first recomendation would be to not worry about it. I went through the same thought process with my 2520 before winter hit last year. The most I would recommend is to simply turn your tires to the narrow position (assuming you don't need the extra width). This won't narrow the tires by much but should do so by about 1 1/2". I did that last year but honestly wouldn't bother with it this year if I still had my 2520. You won't notice much either way. Remember that after your 1st pass, you have only one side of your tractor going into the snow.
Regarding a larger blower... Absolutely, these machine could handle it. However... matched with the 47" front blower... they absolutely EAT snow almost as fast as you can dig in :D :D (within reason). Enjoy the white stuff... :cool:

/ Snowblower #17  
... double post... oops

/ Snowblower #19  
I've seen 59" JD front mount blowers on Ebay for older models like the 800 900 series compacts, maybe one of those can be adapted?

Iam looking for a good deal on a blower for my 2210 if anyone knows of one?

/ Snowblower #20  
megotatractor said:
I've seen 59" JD front mount blowers on Ebay for older models like the 800 900 series compacts, maybe one of those can be adapted?

Iam looking for a good deal on a blower for my 2210 if anyone knows of one?

Could check Siemon Equipment north of the Cities - that's where I found mine used but in near new condition. They had only 1 advertised on machinefinder last year when I went to see them, but they had about 6 on the lot in various conditions. I looked for quite a while at used ones too - the few that I did find that were cheaper were cheaper for a reason.

The up-stop, hitch with hydro lift, PTO shaft is what gets expensive - if you have some of this from a front blade you're ahead of the game.

Good luck - they work quite well!

Scott