Snowblower

/ Snowblower #1  

classic

Bronze Member
Does any one know of a company that makes a blower that's wider than the tires for a 4110 or 2320? The Deere blower is only 48" but the width of the tractor is 54". It just doesn't work in deep snow. The tractor tires keep climbing on the wall of the snow.

/ Snowblower #2  
I took my lead from madreferee and purchased a Puma64. Most all brands I looked at come in a variety of widths to fit most any tractor. I really like my puma so far, but you can read many other posts of other great blowers as well. Good luck. (Mine is behind a 4300)
((Puma is a style/model from the Pronovost company and the 64 is the width of that particular blower))

/ Snowblower
Sorry I should have said I was looking for a front mount snow blower for my tractor

/ Snowblower #4  
John Deere makes a 59" front mount blower.

/ Snowblower #5  
Rogator said:
John Deere makes a 59" front mount blower.
Not to fit the 4110/2320 that CLASSIC asked about. There unfortunately is no other option for a front mount blower but the #47 you have.

/ Snowblower #6  
classic said:
Does any one know of a company that makes a blower that's wider than the tires for a 4110 or 2320? The Deere blower is only 48" but the width of the tractor is 54". It just doesn't work in deep snow. The tractor tires keep climbing on the wall of the snow.

OK, I'm confused. I think these tractors are 48" wide (or a little less).

Cliff

/ Snowblower #7  
Classic,
Which tractor do you actually have the 4110 or the 2320? Have you checked your owners manual to see if you can switch your rear tires to the narrow position? I used to have a 1990 755 and in wide position (with turfs) the width was about 52" but in narrow position width was only 46". I'm sure Deere engineered it this way back then to work with the 47" blower and probably a 4 ft wide tiller. Now my new 2520 with R4's is about 51" in narrow position, way wider than a 47" blower (which for me is not a problem because I don't have one). I was looking at the rear tread width to try to get more clearance for my backhoe and 3PT hitch arms. I think the 59" snowblower is just too heavy for any of these tractors and I've never heard of aftermarket front mount blowers.

I think this is really stupid from an engineering standpoint and would hope maybe Deere is working on a 54" ish blower design (or the correct rear wheel design) that would solve this problem. Hey, they finally came out with a backhoe to fit the 2210/2305 so if enough customers complain they might listen. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

/ Snowblower #8  
Hi,

If you are using your blower in the full down float position try raising it up enough to get its weight onto the front wheels & see if that helps.

I have a JD 59" front mounted blower on a 3320 with chains but without loaded tires & have to raise the blower to regain steering when a skid shoe catches a rut.

Stay warm.

/ Snowblower #9  
   / Snowblower #10  
Back when we used to actually get a lot of snow here in MN, i would setup my 4100 with the 47 blower with the wheels in the narrrow position and it was fine (turfs are slightly under 48" wide in narrow position). Nowdays, with the light snow we get, I just use the front plow instead.

Another option would be to add some angled "wings" to the sides of the 47 to sweep a slightly wider path.

In terms of adapting something to the front that is wider, a Deere 59" might be the best starting place. Although the mounting scheme is all different (you would have to have a custom mount adapter and perhaps driveshaft(s)fabricated), the PTO rotation and speed should be the same, so no gearing changes required.
That 4110 might not have enough power to spin the bigger blower in full-depth, heavy wet snow at full speed, but you can always slow down to match the tractor power.

- Rick