JD 750 voltage regulator

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Dealer wants $106 for this item. Does anyone know of an establishment that has these at a better price?

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #2  
The one for my 1050 was about $96.oo so that's about inline. The shop I was at getting my old one tested called his supplier and then told me I could get it cheaper at deere. So I did...

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #3  
Did Yanmar put the same Hitachi alternator and regulator on the JD 750 as they used for their own tractors? Yanmar used the Hitachi alternator and regulator specified for 70-73 Datsun (Nissan) on their own mid and late 70's models, up into early 80's for models that continued unchanged.

You might take your alt and regulator into Autozone to put on their tester and explore if a $19 aftermarket regulator specified for '72 Datsun happens to be the same. Or if your stuff is Hitachi it might match Japanese car stuff of the year that the 750 was first produced. (1978??)

If this works (or even if it doesn't) - stop by the Yanmar forum and tell us what you found!

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #4  
You could also try another dealer. Some mark parts up more than others. We bought ujoints for our 650 at one dealer for $96. The other dealer wanted around $200. JC

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #5  
i replaced my regulater last nov. it was 94.00 at a dealer in upstate NY

/ JD 750 voltage regulator #6  
Be careful when you replace the regulator. The new one is thinner than the original and if you don't put some flat washers on the mounting screws, you risk puncturing the fuel tank.