2305 turf vs r4

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I have a 2305 with 12 hours and it has R4's. I would love to have a set of turf tires on wheels also or trade the R4's for turfs. Does anyone recommend I keep the R4's over turfs. My use will be mowing, doing the mulch and light yard work with the loader. I have a 54" front blade and use it for snow.

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #2  
stuarth said:
I have a 2305 with 12 hours and it has R4's. I would love to have a set of turf tires on wheels also or trade the R4's for turfs. Does anyone recommend I keep the R4's over turfs. My use will be mowing, doing the mulch and light yard work with the loader. I have a 54" front blade and use it for snow.

I have the same unit with r4's and like them. I don't like the turfs because they fill up too easy with dirt and then when it dries a little, drops it all over everything. I don't see any disadvantage with the r4's on my lawn, and I mow also. Keep the r4's.

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #3  
I have the turfs and thought about the R4's. I wouldn't spend the extra $$ to trade.

Mine work fine for dirt work, snow work and are perfect for mowing (no turf damage even when a bit wet and turning sharp).

Good Luck!

Scott

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #4  
I agree with kljunior. I have never had turf tires on my 2305, but am pleased with the r4's for loader/snowthrower, and have had no problems with tearing up the turf while mowing.

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #5  
I have turf and they do turn into slicks in mud and snow. I will be cutting grass most of the time so their the right tire for me. I am a little nuts about my lawn. Never had traction problems with loader work but sometimes in the snow I have a hard time getting the tractor up to the driveway (100ft at 20% grade). I think the R4 would rip up the yard on my hill but that's my two cents.

/ 2305 turf vs r4 #6  
We had Turfs on our 2210 and it was great for mowing, but when we tried to use it in the woods or for loader work it was always lacking traction and spinning. It could get stuck in 3 inches of snotty clay, so we put Bar tires on the rear only. The 2210 had more traction in 2wd with the bars than it did in 4wd with the turfs. Anything for soft ground now meant nothing to it, and honestely they only tore up the grass if if was really wet and soft, or you did super tight turns.