Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true?

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #2  
   / Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true?
I did a search here on the green board and could not find any discussion.

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #4  
The thread you included from the Yanmar forum (Yanmar Returns to the US) has a post naming the 790, 990, and I believe the 2000 series JD's are Yanmar powered, but the 3000 and 4000 series are JD all the way.

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #5  
My JD 3120 has a Yanmar engine. I think all the 3000 series have a Yanmar. The 4000 series have the JD built engine.

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #6  
I think all the 3000 series have a Yanmar.
According to the J-D site, that's correct.

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #7  
DayDreamer said:
My JD 3120 has a Yanmar engine. I think all the 3000 series have a Yanmar. The 4000 series have the JD built engine.
I stand coreected, nevertheless, JD engines will power the entire line before much longer.

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #8  
That is very sad, but yes JD is bulding the engines for the larger compacts. Yanmar was/is a very good company, Good quality:(

David

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #9  
dgl24087 said:
I stand coreected, nevertheless, JD engines will power the entire line before much longer.

I doubt very highly that we will see Deere engines in the 3000 Series CUT's anytime soon... It has literally taken years to finally see the Deere PowerTech engines in the 4x20 Series CUT's - and both of the reasons why we now have them were completely out of the C&CE (Consumer & Commercial Equipment) divisions hands:

1) John Deere Power Systems finally had enough outside manufacturers interested in / needing smaller diesel engines. Deere does not design and build engines simply for themselves - as they do not "buy" enough engines from themselves to make it profitable. The bulk of thier engines are sold outside the company for a wide range of equipment, ie. chipper/shredders; portable and stationary power generators; marine applications; recreational vehicles and buses, etc. Once John Deere Power Systems could show Deere & Company (corporate) that the OEM sales potential was high enough, the smaller engines were designed, and the C&CE division was able to utilize those engines in the new 4x20 Series CUT's.

2) The compact tractor industry as a whole was (and is) heading towards higher horsepower tractors... It wasn't all that long ago that the largest CUT's topped out around 40 hp. Couple the higher horsepower trend in with Deere Power Systems manufacturing smaller engines, and we finally get superior Deere PowerTech engines in our large frame CUT's!

Unfortunately for our 3x20 Series CUT's, (and beyond) I (and Deere, according to corporate) do not see the engine trend continuing further down... If 40 horse is the low end of the Deere engines, that leaves a lot of engines that we need for the 2000 and 3000 Series, as well as Utility Vehicles and Commercial Mowing equipment. Also, Deere has quite a bit invested in Yanmar (and vice versa) so I don't think we will see that relationship ending anytime soon.

Anyway, as always... Just my proverbial two cents! :)

/ Yanmar Deere Split >> Is this true? #10  
BleedGreen, thanks for the info.