Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me?

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #1  

JDGREEN1

I am looking to get a JD2305 with R-4 tires a 200cx loader, 53” bucket, ballast box, hood guard, 62” mmm and a LX4 rotary cutter.

My question is will it handle what I want to do with it?

Mow 2 acres of lawn all flat no slopes, move dirt piles for motto x bikes, scoop and move horse manure, plow snow with the bucket, mow 9 acres with LX4 rotary cutter of flat somewhat smooth grassy / golden rod fields no brush once a year maybe twice.

How is $14,300 for the price on the package?

I was going to trade my 1998 JD262 gear shift 6 speed with a 48” mower and 42” blade in. They are going to give me $1,625 off the $14,300?

Or should I go with the 2320 same setup but a 5’ Rotary mower for $2,500 more?
Thanks
:D

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #2  
Welcome to TBN!

Most of the tasks you listed are easy for the 2305, but mowing 9 acres with a 4' bushhog will be a PITA!
The larger tires on the 2320 may make the mowing chore a little more comfortable, and position control on the 3PH is always a bonus...

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #3  
I use mine for pretty much the same thing. If the grass and weeds in the pasture aren't too tall, It takes me about 50 min. per acre. For me the limit is how rough the ground is. I air the tires down, weight the front end, set the cruise control and enjoy the outdoors.

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #4  
davkir said:
I use mine for pretty much the same thing. If the grass and weeds in the pasture aren't too tall, It takes me about 50 min. per acre. For me the limit is how rough the ground is. I air the tires down, weight the front end, set the cruise control and enjoy the outdoors.

I am shooting for 30 - 40 minutes and I am using a 72" MMM.

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #5  
Before you go with the 2305 my advice is try a 2520 I think you will find it more to your liking for what you have in mind.

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #6  
I started out with a 2305 6 months later a 2520 1 year later and currently have a 3520 let me tell you go with a 3000 series tractor if at all possible you will not believe the machine for the money difference and the quality compaired to any of the 2000 series.

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #7  
horseman460 said:
I started out with a 2305 6 months later a 2520 1 year later and currently have a 3520 let me tell you go with a 3000 series tractor if at all possible you will not believe the machine for the money difference and the quality compaired to any of the 2000 series.

Yeah, i might agree with this, I just saw the 9 acre job in your original message! :eek:

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #8  
Keep in mind that with size you're balancing time and money. I would have loved a 2520, but I just couldn't justify the increase in price here in Canada to move up to it.

As a compromise, I went with the 2305 with a 72" RFM for 10 acres. The larger mower keeps me driving slower, but I was willing to give up a couple of hours mowing every couple weeks to balance out the increase hike in sticker price. In fact most weekends I relish it.

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #9  
Chris_T said:
Keep in mind that with size you're balancing time and money. I would have loved a 2520, but I just couldn't justify the increase in price here in Canada to move up to it.

As a compromise, I went with the 2305 with a 72" RFM for 10 acres. The larger mower keeps me driving slower, but I was willing to give up a couple of hours mowing every couple weeks to balance out the increase hike in sticker price. In fact most weekends I relish it.

Hmmm, after warranty turbo charging a consideration?

/ Need some advise on JD2305 is it for me? #10  
Nuru said:
Hmmm, after warranty turbo charging a consideration?

That's certainly an idea! I didn't mention that the other reason we went with thr 2305 is that my wife felt much more comfortable on the Sub-CUTs than on the larger machines we had out to our place to demo, including a 2520. Of course, there's always the possibility that she'll gain a bit of confidence with the machine and feel the need to move up!...

In the mean time we're trying to decrease the area we maintain by converting to mixed stands of conifers and deciduous trees.