Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #1  

bud_oscar

Tractor
2305, LT180
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but does John Deere offer a 50 hr home maintenance kit (HMK) for the 2305 scut and if so what is the part number and what is included? I have searched this forum and JD site with no success though I do recall on this forum discussions (coupons in the mail and such) on this subject. On the JD site I could only find HMK numbers for the x series and gators.

--bud--

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #2  
The part number for the 2305 filter kit is LVA14891. You will find this part number in the 2305 alphabetical part index under the letter "K" for kit.

I too am getting close to my 50 hour service on my 2305 and would appreciate any feedback on the ease with which you were able to perform the job.

Regards,

Steve

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #3  
Steve,

Overall, the 50 hr service was very do-able. There really wasn't that much too it, if you've got a grease gun, a couple pans to catch oil, a funnel and some WD-40 or the like.

It took about two hours because oil filter and transmission filter were both tough to remove without the proper size filter wrench. Strap wrench wouldn't work because I didn't have enough room. I think I ended up puncturing both filters with a screwdriver in order to get them off.

The sediment bowl for the fuel filter was a little tough to remove also, because the FEL post was in the way; but the sediment bowl didn't take nearly as long to remove.

Also the transmission has a little metal pre-filter you have to remove and clean once the replacement filter comes off. That little pre-filter takes a couple wrenchs and a couple minutes of staining your neck before you get the retaining brakets removed.

Everything goes back together much easier, and you'll be glad when it's done; but, overall the project is very do-able.

Joe

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305
Thanks to both for taking the time to respond, appreciated. Yeah them dad burned filter(s) and the ease of removal, you would think they would take the time to lubricate the gaskets before tightening them, you know like we were taught in the olden days (fingertip moistened with oil / wd40) and behold the wonders that will follow the next time you have to remove said dad burned filter(s). Having to take a screw driver to a filter(s) just is *not* right... it is all about forethought and consideration, same thing goes for having a dealer change the oil on your rig. Lubricate and do it right the first time!!!

--bud--

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #5  
Watch those maintenance kits. Often they are priced higher than the individual parts that they contain.

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #6  
I have a 4610 and my neighbor a 585? diesel garden tractor. The JD dealer we bought these tractors from provided us with all filters, motor oil, and hydraulic oil we'd need for the 50 hour change. Who knows, maybe we really paid for it in the price of the equipment, but it was a nice touch. When it's time for another piece of equipment, I'll be back there.

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #7  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Watch those maintenance kits. Often they are priced higher than the individual parts that they contain.

Why, is that what kubota does?
I found that john deere filters are cheaper to buy than napa,or carquest.
MM

/ Home Maintenance Kit (HMK) # for 2305 #8  
JCB said:
Steve,

Overall, the 50 hr service was very do-able. There really wasn't that much too it, if you've got a grease gun, a couple pans to catch oil, a funnel and some WD-40 or the like.

It took about two hours because oil filter and transmission filter were both tough to remove without the proper size filter wrench. Strap wrench wouldn't work because I didn't have enough room. I think I ended up puncturing both filters with a screwdriver in order to get them off.

The sediment bowl for the fuel filter was a little tough to remove also, because the FEL post was in the way; but the sediment bowl didn't take nearly as long to remove.

Also the transmission has a little metal pre-filter you have to remove and clean once the replacement filter comes off. That little pre-filter takes a couple wrenchs and a couple minutes of staining your neck before you get the retaining brakets removed.

Everything goes back together much easier, and you'll be glad when it's done; but, overall the project is very do-able.

Joe
Ditto all Joe said adding only, when you get to the point of accessing the suction screen cover, forget Deere's instructions and instead go right to the top of the suction tube and remove the three bolts from the left side wheelwell. This will cut in 1/2 the time and 3/4 the aggravation of accessing the screen and magnets. :)

BTW, I too have found Deere to be very competitive with their parts and maint. items.