755 grille bent...

/ 755 grille bent... #1  

ajspence

Tractor
1989 JD 755; JD 318
At the risk of letting everyone know just how mechanically challenged I am, i have to ask... could someone explain how to R&R the grille on my 755? I bent it in clearing some brush and don't see how to get it off to straighten it. It's not in my shop manual (probably 'cause it's so simple any idiot should be able to do it...). Do I need to remove any of the FEL mounting brackets, or am I just not seeing something?

Anyway, as always, I appreciate eveyone and their help on this forum.

Thanks!

-AJ

/ 755 grille bent... #2  
I'm fairly sure you just pull light from both sides at top of grill - it will pull down alittle then the stays at bottom will come out of the slots.. then you'll wonder how it stayed in place...maybe wrong but think it's similar to my 770. First time I reinstalled it - thought it wouldn't stay..it does.

tim

/ 755 grille bent... #3  
My 855 just slides forward until it is free to remove. If it's bent, it might not slide easily. I have the model 52 front end loader and when it's installed, it prevents the grill from sliding far enough forward to remove. I must remove the front end loader first. Do you have a front end loader and do you know how to remove it?

/ 755 grille bent...
Sorry I was off line for a few days... Thanks for the ideas guys. I will give that a shot. I know my 318 grille was just a press fit in place as well, and that worked fine. It isn't bent too badly so that shouldn't cause any problems.

Thanks again.

-AJ