new 110 TLB

/ new 110 TLB #1  

worm351

I just took delivery on a new Deere 110. When I ordered it from Deere national acounts it was supposed to have the skid plate installed. When it arrived at the local dealer he told me that it was not needed since I do not have any aux. hydraulics. I think he is just trying to get out of installing it for me since he would not be getting paid to do so. My question is weather or not it's worth the time and energy to get the skid plate at this point.

/ new 110 TLB #2  
Congratulations! Fine piece of equipment the 110TLB is... I cried when the dealer picked up the rental.

Gotta ask yourself --- you already paid for the optional skid plates --- yes? You must have concluded that they were good insurance against damage based upon how you pictured you'd be using the equipment in the future.

You have the best idea about how your new TLB will be used. If those skidplates will save you from downtime and added repairs --- get 'em!

Your local guy will get the picture. He'll have to ---- you paid for 'em and the regional guys will coax him if need be.

AKfish

/ new 110 TLB #3  
I'd say I've read too many posts saying you need the option. I wouldn't settle for anything less than it being installed. I wouldn't care who, just get it.

/ new 110 TLB #4  
Are you sure that your National Account order included the "protective pan"? The reason I ask is that it is not an "actual" John Deere option. The pan comes from GR Manufacturing and must be ordered seperately by the dealer. I myself have never seen a National Account order include any Non John Deere attachments. On the other hand, I have been wrong a few times :rolleyes: in the past, so it is possible that I could be wrong here as well.

In any case, the pan certainly cannot hurt, especially if you did already pay for it, even if you do not have the 4th and 5th SCV's with the electric diverter. Following is from the 110TLB Sales Manual:

Heavy-duty pan

A heavy-duty pan is available to provide additional protection to tractor components.

This protective pan is recommended:
Where the tractor has factory installed third-function SCV valve with electric diverter (Code 7030)
Where the tractor will be operated in/around brush or debris

This pan mounts below the tractor transmission case between the left and right rear subframes.

Features of this protective pan are:
Constructed of heavy 1/4-in. (6.3 mm) thickness steel
Formed and welded edges for additional strength
Angled leading edge helps push brush and debris below the tractor when encountered
Recessed mounting bolts to provide smooth bottom surface that does not catch and retain debris
Access doors to allow routine servicing of tractor components

Attachments

• 110TLB Protective Pan.gif
    110TLB Protective Pan.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 601
   / new 110 TLB
When I orderd the machine they had on the contract I signed, that there would be an extra charge of $450.00 for the pan, installed price. When it got to the dealer he said that price did not include the $250 shipping or the $250 installation. When I called the national accounts manager he said it would be taken care of for the $450 that I had agreed to. That is when I heard back from the dealer saying I didn't need the pan. Making me think he doesn't want anything to do with this pan unless he gets his $500. When the machine got delivered the me there was no mention of the pan anywhere on the contract. I will call back national accounts next week, but I get the feeling they are just going tell me what I want to hear and the dealer will continue to tell me no.

/ new 110 TLB #6  
Well... let's see, you have a signed contract with the national accounts division of JD? Is that correct? It stipulates the the skid plates will be installed at delivery.

Yup, you need to get in touch with the national accounts manager, again. And you might just start laying the groundwork by contacting the regional manager and on up the food chain if necessary.

The local guy needs to have some "gentle pursuasion" from the higher corporate folks.

I'd be more than a little irritated... $50K tractor and you're gettin' jerked around for $500 bucks!

How would they respond if you refuse to accept delivery? Let it sit on the lot? Heck, let 'em keep it and consider ordering another one from another dealership?

/ new 110 TLB #7  
Get the pan! no matter what it takes
i olny have 240 hrs and to date i busted the linkage once
2 hyrolic filters (35.00 a pop) broke the wire for the 4n1 bucket and for the sake of not having to get up and down to pull sticks out.
I owned other tlb's but never had so many problems as i did with this one with under belly damage(but my olny complaint by far best one i ever owned)
anybody know how much the plate is ?
went to dealer this morning and could not find it.

/ new 110 TLB #9  
Congrats.gif
On your new tractor

I was at John deere a couple days ago and took a look at the 110 very nice

DSC05706.jpg

/ new 110 TLB #10  
Backhoe Loader Products

Get the Bottom Guard, Deere# LVB25424 . First time you run up on a stump,a log or a rock, it can tear up quit a bit under the bottom. The only down side is that it weighs quite a bit and you have to remove it to check the suction screen. I tried but just couldn't reach far enough. It's also easier to change the filters with it removed. It is a bear to put back on. My dealer didn't give me any crap about installing it. Sounds like your guy just wants to keep your $450.

I would also get the AT196450 Stabilizer Cylinder Guards 110TLB 5/27/2 $110.00 . $450 for a new cylinder only $110 for the guards.