JD Wheel Extensions

/ JD Wheel Extensions #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
I was ordering a 4 in 1 bucket for my 300cx loader the other day and got to talking to the salesman and he said that Deere came out with 4 inch wheel extensions for the 3x20 series tractors. I am assuming that they will also be available for several other models. I had bought 4 inch extensions from Unverferth and was pleased with the increased stability. I did not ask what the Deere extensions cost.

Just thought I'd throw the info out there for anyone interested in a more stable tractor.

/ JD Wheel Extensions #2  
I would be interested to know if they are going to offer extensions/spacers for the 2520 as well. I would only need 2" per side, mainly to get more tire clearance for the 46BH and the 3PT arms. Would also be nice to have a little extra stability too.

/ JD Wheel Extensions #3  
One of the more noticable characteristics of the cab models is the "pucker sense" that they're top heavy.

I really liked the layout and the features of the 4320 cab model that the local dealer had on the lot --- but it sure seemed way tall for the base!

4 inch wheel extensions would be one of the first things I'd order on a new cab 3000 or 4000 twenty series.

/ JD Wheel Extensions #4  
AKfish said:
One of the more noticable characteristics of the cab models is the "pucker sense" that they're top heavy.

I really liked the layout and the features of the 4320 cab model that the local dealer had on the lot --- but it sure seemed way tall for the base!

4 inch wheel extensions would be one of the first things I'd order on a new cab 3000 or 4000 twenty series.

I saw some techs shaking a stock 3320 or 3720 with a cab on it and it was definitely easy to get rocking. Looked like you could send it over kinda easy. I looked at my turfs and if i added spacers they would interfere with the MMM deck. But I think they are wide enough

Attachments

• 4310sGolfTurfs1.JPG
    4310sGolfTurfs1.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 346
   / JD Wheel Extensions #5  
dirtworksequip said:
I was ordering a 4 in 1 bucket for my 300cx loader the other day and got to talking to the salesman and he said that Deere came out with 4 inch wheel extensions for the 3x20 series tractors. I am assuming that they will also be available for several other models. I had bought 4 inch extensions from Unverferth and was pleased with the increased stability. I did not ask what the Deere extensions cost.

Just thought I'd throw the info out there for anyone interested in a more stable tractor.
i would imagine the cost for those hub extensions has gotta be higher than Unverferth units. Especially if they have standard 4 inchers available for the 3x20 series tractor.

/ JD Wheel Extensions
AKfish, I bet I could lay a stock 3520 on its side real easy on dead flat ground. Get up a little speed and raise the loader up and cut it hard to the left. They just are absolutely unstable as they come new out of the box.

Sincerely,
Dirt

/ JD Wheel Extensions #7  
dirtworksequip said:
AKfish, I bet I could lay a stock 3520 on its side real easy on dead flat ground. Get up a little speed and raise the loader up and cut it hard to the left. They just are absolutely unstable as they come new out of the box.

Sincerely,
Dirt

Even worse with a cab. I saw one guy get a 3320 Cab, rockin' pretty easily by pushing on the top of the CAB:eek:. Kinda shocked me. The local dealer here advised that the 3x20 series CABs were more unstable than the 4x20 CABs, but both can be scary on the narrow tire settings.

/ JD Wheel Extensions #8  
Does anyone know the JD part number for the 4" wheel extensions for the 3000 series?

Thanks,

/ JD Wheel Extensions #9  
Whoee --- Nuru! Those are some wide, fat hummers! You could take your tractor swimmin' and be just fine!

/ JD Wheel Extensions #10  
Yeah, and they were somethin to handle and move around. Pretty deep rims too!