Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.

Default JD Wheel Extensions

I was ordering a 4 in 1 bucket for my 300cx loader the other day and got to talking to the salesman and he said that Deere came out with 4 inch wheel extensions for the 3x20 series tractors. I am assuming that they will also be available for several other models. I had bought 4 inch extensions from Unverferth and was pleased with the increased stability. I did not ask what the Deere extensions cost.

Just thought I'd throw the info out there for anyone interested in a more stable tractor.
    "Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD2520 and JD455

Default Re: JD Wheel Extensions

I would be interested to know if they are going to offer extensions/spacers for the 2520 as well. I would only need 2" per side, mainly to get more tire clearance for the 46BH and the 3PT arms. Would also be nice to have a little extra stability too.
    Hemiguy

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

One of the more noticable characteristics of the cab models is the "pucker sense" that they're top heavy.

I really liked the layout and the features of the 4320 cab model that the local dealer had on the lot --- but it sure seemed way tall for the base!

4 inch wheel extensions would be one of the first things I'd order on a new cab 3000 or 4000 twenty series.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish
    One of the more noticable characteristics of the cab models is the "pucker sense" that they're top heavy.

I really liked the layout and the features of the 4320 cab model that the local dealer had on the lot --- but it sure seemed way tall for the base!

4 inch wheel extensions would be one of the first things I'd order on a new cab 3000 or 4000 twenty series.
    I saw some techs shaking a stock 3320 or 3720 with a cab on it and it was definitely easy to get rocking. Looked like you could send it over kinda easy. I looked at my turfs and if i added spacers they would interfere with the MMM deck. But I think they are wide enough
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtworksequip
    I was ordering a 4 in 1 bucket for my 300cx loader the other day and got to talking to the salesman and he said that Deere came out with 4 inch wheel extensions for the 3x20 series tractors. I am assuming that they will also be available for several other models. I had bought 4 inch extensions from Unverferth and was pleased with the increased stability. I did not ask what the Deere extensions cost.

Just thought I'd throw the info out there for anyone interested in a more stable tractor.
    i would imagine the cost for those hub extensions has gotta be higher than Unverferth units. Especially if they have standard 4 inchers available for the 3x20 series tractor.
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.

AKfish, I bet I could lay a stock 3520 on its side real easy on dead flat ground. Get up a little speed and raise the loader up and cut it hard to the left. They just are absolutely unstable as they come new out of the box.

Sincerely,
    Dirt
    "Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtworksequip
    AKfish, I bet I could lay a stock 3520 on its side real easy on dead flat ground. Get up a little speed and raise the loader up and cut it hard to the left. They just are absolutely unstable as they come new out of the box.

Sincerely,
    Dirt
    Even worse with a cab. I saw one guy get a 3320 Cab, rockin' pretty easily by pushing on the top of the CAB. Kinda shocked me. The local dealer here advised that the 3x20 series CABs were more unstable than the 4x20 CABs, but both can be scary on the narrow tire settings.
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305/JD 4720 cab

Does anyone know the JD part number for the 4" wheel extensions for the 3000 series?

Thanks,
    "I'd rather be on my Tractor"

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Whoee --- Nuru! Those are some wide, fat hummers! You could take your tractor swimmin' and be just fine!

Elite Member

Yeah, and they were somethin to handle and move around. Pretty deep rims too!
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast