Silver Member

Default Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep???

Does anyone know if a post hole digger can be used on a 2305 that will allow 48" long auger bits?

Banned
    Tractor
    jd4100, Cub Cadet 3204 & Cub 125

Default Re: Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep???

Quote Originally Posted by Phunge
    Does anyone know if a post hole digger can be used on a 2305 that will allow 48" long auger bits?
    You are probably thinking about 42" auger bits not 48" (could be wrong -depends what you have)
    Second part is no regarding anything larger than 32" for a sub-cut. Not enough lift height without the auger dragging

Silver Member

Up here in Canada, you have to sink post holes 48" to get below the frost line.

The kubota BX24 can clear a 48" bit using the rankin 601 PHD:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ml#post1103518

Would love to know if it would work on the 2305.

Astoria Oregon near the winter quarters of Lewis & Clark
    Tractor
    2006 JD 2305

I asked several dealers about this last year when I was tractor shopping. They were split on their answers. Some say that you can use a 42" and it's "no problem". Others say yes but that you only have about 6-7" of clearance and that you may have some challenges in moving and positioning based on slope. Others flatly said nothing beyond 24".

My fence projects keep falling off the to do list so I haven't bought one.
    JD 2305 200CX FEL, 5' Frontier RFM, 4' Box Blade, 5' Landscape rake, Wallenstein BX-42 chipper, old JD 4' Bush Hog (I-matched), 15 gallon sprayer. Redland Hills carryall kits. Stihl string, blade, pole pruner, hedge trimmer combo.

Silver Member

The land pride auger has a couple extensions a 7" and a 14". I have just order a landpride auger so I am not sure if they are easily installed. http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/...s/317-048p.pdf drawings show they are with bolts which may be a bit of work. For the subcompacts they show a 30" auger so with one extension you could get to 44".

Garth