Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep???

/ Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep??? #1  

Phunge

Silver Member
Does anyone know if a post hole digger can be used on a 2305 that will allow 48" long auger bits?

/ Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep??? #2  
Phunge said:
Does anyone know if a post hole digger can be used on a 2305 that will allow 48" long auger bits?

You are probably thinking about 42" auger bits not 48" (could be wrong -depends what you have)
Second part is no regarding anything larger than 32" for a sub-cut. Not enough lift height without the auger dragging

/ Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep??? #4  
I asked several dealers about this last year when I was tractor shopping. They were split on their answers. Some say that you can use a 42" and it's "no problem". Others say yes but that you only have about 6-7" of clearance and that you may have some challenges in moving and positioning based on slope. Others flatly said nothing beyond 24".

My fence projects keep falling off the to do list so I haven't bought one.

/ Post Hole Digger for 2305 - 48" deep??? #5  
The land pride auger has a couple extensions a 7" and a 14". I have just order a landpride auger so I am not sure if they are easily installed. http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/317-048p.pdf drawings show they are with bolts which may be a bit of work. For the subcompacts they show a 30" auger so with one extension you could get to 44".

Garth